Gone

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
I knew this was going to happen. They told us months ago that our baby wouldn't survive. But I just couldn't accept it. I refused to terminate, he was so very happy and healthy inside of me. Each ultrasound showed him moving around, and he had such a strong heartbeat. They kept assuring me that even if he made it to term, he would not survive mere moments in this world. But I still refused to let them take him from me.

Our last ultrasound at 29 weeks showed his head was measuring full term due to the swelling, and he was breach. If I didn't deliver soon, we would be forced into a cesarean. I still fought, longing for every moment with him, but eventually caved when the grotesque possibilities of waiting were explained. They told me how he could be severely damaged just by the birthing process, and the very thought of what could be horrified me.

I hate that I chose to induce. Absolutely hate it. I feel like I failed him. Little Noah was so happy, dancing to music, loving hot wings, and just giving me all the love thump thumps I could ask for. But when we induced, it was too much for him. He passed before I even started pushing. I know that it was more peaceful for him that way. He didn't have to suffer outside.

But I am just haunted with all the what ifs. He looked so healthy, with the exception of the swelling in the brain, and enlarged kidneys, he looked absolutely perfect. How do I know that he couldn't have survived had I given him those extra weeks? Maybe they could have done something, anything to save him...

I so badly want to do it all over again. I want to tell them no, no I will not induce. We will wait. Wait and see. If I need a c-section then fine. Yes, he has a genetic disorder that has been 100% fatal within moments of birth. But who is to say that he couldn't have been the first to survive? Maybe he could have, but now there is no chance of that. He is gone.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
October 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey I am so very sorry.

I've rewritten this 3 different times, and I can't put what I want to say into words. So I'll just leave it at that. I'm sorry little Noah couldn't stay with you.

October 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry sweetheart. I can't imagine your pain right now. I'm sorry that you had to be faced with that decision and I hope that in time you can have peace. You have done nothing wrong.
Again I am so very sorry for the loss of your son Noah. It is clear how much you love him.
October 19th, 2010, 11:30 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
awww hun im so so sorry, i wish there was something i could say to help.

precious floaty kisses to noah

we are here whenever u need us x

October 20th, 2010, 05:27 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'm so very sorry for your loss! Questioning yourself is something every one of us on this board have done at one time or another. Even those of us who had no choice to make. It is natural and no matter what you did your feelings would be the same right now. So grieve however you need to grieve! We're here to listen when you need it.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 20th, 2010, 08:36 AM
noworries
Oh honey, I am so sorry that your precious Noah couldn't stay with you. Like Beth said, each one of us has questioned ourselves whether we had a decision to make or not. Just know that you are not at fault. Take time and let yourself grieve.
October 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Proud Momma
I am so very sorry for your loss and for the pain you are going through right now

Unfortunately I know all too well about those "what ifs". Katrina looked absolutely beyond perfect on the outside and it haunted me for a long time after she passed as I kept questioning myself whether we made the right decision. Deep down though I know we did because I know she would have suffered immensely had she survived. And I would not have been able to live with myself knowing that I had brought her into this world only to be in pain and to probably pass away a painful death rather than die peacefully like I know she did.

If you need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; October 20th, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
October 21st, 2010, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My heart is breaking with you hun. I'm so sorry.
October 21st, 2010, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

October 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Veteran
So Sorry Hun! You just have to believe that you made the right choice and that little Noah is not suffering!

][/url]
November 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to Melissa34746
I am sorry for the loss of Noah. It is always hard to wonder what if. But you had him for a special time and he will always be with you. Hugs....

Melissa
November 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry for your loss. I have those what if questions too. I might have waited to long to ok a c/s. I was being stubborn and wanted a VBAC. My son passed while I was waiting to go into labor. With my next pregnancy I found out I have a condition that rejects babies if they have a different blood type than me if you wait to long to deliver. I still think that if I had my c/s he would be here today. I live with that guilt everyday. I know how you feel. Time will make it easier. I hate when people tell me "things happen for a reason" about Dominic, but I truely believe it. I hope you the best and give yourself time to grieve. We are here if you need to talk.
LeAnn

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

November 12th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy

I am so sorry hun that you lost your beautiful Noah

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search