Introducing myself.

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hi ladies. I really don't know where to start so I will just come right out with it. I lost my baby girl June 25th 2010 at 30 weeks and 2 days, I was due August 31st. She had a 2 vessel umbilical cord instead of 3 and they told us that is what most likely cause her to be stillborn. It has been 4 months since she passed away. I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks and you all seem like a great bunch of ladies! Just thought I would finally share my story...

October 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry to have to welcome you here. I am Jessica, and I lost my firstborn, Robert to a cord accident at 35 weeks in December 2008. There is an amazing group of girls here and I am sorry but happy to welcome you
October 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm so sad to welcome you here. I'm Brittanie and my Cora was stillborn at 38 weeks due to a cord accident.

October 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Thank you both! I see pictures of both of your babies and they are both perfect! I will have to try to get some pictures of her uploaded and on here. I am a type 1 diabetic so they think that is what caused the cord to be a 2 vessel instead of 3 and I also had pregnancy induced hypertension as well.

October 28th, 2010, 06:24 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi, I'm Rebecca. My oldest son Ethan was born at almost 5 months due to diabetic embryopathy. I was a Type 1 diabetic but was undiagnosed. Ethan had a 2 vessel cord but the fatal issue was severe kidney damage.

My youngest son Grant will be 6 months old in just a few days. He had a NICU stay for unrelated reasons, but he is a healthy happy little goofball.

My heart goes out to you. I have only met one other woman in our situation. I'm sorry you are hear, but it's a good place to be, without these girls i don't think I would have survived.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your baby girl I'm glad you joined us here!

My name is Megan...I lost my baby Ella October 14, 2009 also to a cord accident (cord constriction).

October 28th, 2010, 08:47 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry for your loss, I am glad you are here. I'm Natalie and my son Devin was stillborn at 36 weeks.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 29th, 2010, 02:40 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
a sad but warm welcome to the board, im sorry you had to join us here. Im claire co host here i lost my daughter jessica in june 2005. im sorry for your loss x

October 29th, 2010, 06:51 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
So sorry for your loss. It's sad to welcome you here, but the ladies offer tons of support. Come around whenever you need to. I'm Stephanie and lost twin girls 11-9-08 followed by 2 m/c's. I'm currently pregnant, so please don't be offended by my signature.

October 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM
noworries
It's with sadness that I welcome you here but you've come to the right place. The ladies here are wonderful. What did you name your baby girl?
I'm Carrie, my middle child, Eli, was stillborn at 26 weeks due to a virus that I contracted while I was pregnant with him. He also had Trisomy 13 which is said to be incompatible with life so if the virus hadn't killed him, the Trisomy 13 probably would have.
November 1st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry for not getting back here sooner! My computer wasnt working for a little while there. Her name was Josie Lyn. Josie after my husband and Lyn is my middle name.

November 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry about your little Josie. I'm glad you decided to join us. My name is Elsa, and lost my first child Lucy at 20 weeks to a heart defect in January of this year. Please feel free to post any time you like. These ladies are a great support.
November 2nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Proud Momma
I'm so sorry about your loss of your sweet Josie The ladies here are wonderful, so even as sad as it is for you to have to join us, you've come to a great place.

I'm Stephanie and my first daughter, Katrina, was stillborn at about 23 weeks in August 2008 due to severe ventriculomegaly of the brain.

November 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm always saddened to see a new girl have to be here, but you have definetly come to the right place! I would love to see your little Josie- I love the name, btw. I'm Jacque and DH is Jason- our first little boy, Matthew, was stillborn at 23 weeks on July 1st- I had to be induced due to possible infection but he hadn't had amniotic fluid since about 17 weeks and would not have survived whenever he was born due to inadepquate lung development. I hope we can help give you the support you need here!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
November 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Send a message via AIM to Melissa34746
You and your family will be in my prayers. I am very sorry for your loss.

Melissa
November 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry for your loss mama. My Joey angel had a 2 vessel cord as well...he also had an omphalocele, a cyst on his cord and a really tight nuchal cord. SO one of those things took him from us, they think the nuchal cord. We think he passed on his due date and I gave birth to him at 40w2d on April 2, 2009. It is such a sad time Someday the fog you are moving through won't be quite as thick. The ladies here are a big part of the good spot I am in today.

I have 2 other children...Jamie (boy) is 6 and Felicity, my rainbow girl, is 5 months.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

November 10th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to welcome you here as well. I know some of the ladies from other boards and some here and they are so amazing and a great pillar of stregnth and support. I'm so sorry you lost your baby girl.

I'm Pamela and lost my Elijah at 19 weeks on Sept 10. He had T21 and a very large cystic hygroma that extended into his chest. Technically not a stillbirth but was born sleeping.
November 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Thank you all so much! it brings me to tears to read this and know how often this actually does happen! Its very nice to finally meet you all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search