Pictures on my blog

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Super Mommy
I have a sister who thinks its weird that we took pictures of our daughter. I don't know why she feels this way, none of my other siblings think its weird. Anyways, I haven't updated my blog with what happened yet and I was planning on doing that today but wondering if it would be weird to post some pictures of Sara on there. I think she was beautiful and would love to share them. What do you guys think?

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
January 16th, 2011, 01:23 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it's weird at all! My family and friends (most of them) thought it was weird, and I still to this day wont talk to my MIL because of how she acted when I asked if she wanted to see a picture of Ella...I think our babies are beatiful and perfect and anyone that thinks otherwise is the one with the problems...Why shouldn't you take pictures of your daughter? she was yours, she was alive, and she is loved! I say do whatever you feel is right,and forget what anyone else says (((hugs)))

January 16th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Do what you need to do. If your family can't accept that, well...to bad for them. Sara is beautiful.

I think people think it's weird because they have a hard time being exposed to death. But I know a lot of people who have taken pictures at funerals and I don't think that's any less weird. There's something about babies dying that people find very emotionally upsetting. But...you have to do what you need.

January 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely do what you like. Some people have a hard time when they see a picture of Makenzie. I don't care, she is my daughter and she is perfect, beautiful, and deserves to have her picture among my rainbow babies' pictures. Like Brittanie said people just have a harder time with babies.

January 16th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
My sister had not seen pictures of my daughter until I posted one on facebook

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
January 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i would totaly upload hun, its her problem not yours be proud to show her off.shes your daughter if she were here there would be no issue!

January 17th, 2011, 07:12 AM
.:Stace:.'s Avatar .:Stace:.
Send a message via MSN to .:Stace:.
Upload away! I think that you should share as many photos as you feel comfortable.
We have a picture of Patrick in our kitchen in a frame .... with all of the pictures of the rest of my boys! I know that peoples eyes get huge when the look and realize who it is ... but .... he was my baby too!!
Sara is beautiful .... be proud .... show her off
January 17th, 2011, 07:27 AM
noworries
I agree, Sara is and always will be your daughter and you can share pictures of her if you want. I have pictures of Eli up in my house and I shared pictures of him on my blog and if it makes people uncomfortable, too bad.
January 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If she doesn't want to see them she doesn't have to click on your blog. You do what YOU need to do, it is your grief and your choice.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I chose to post pictures with the story and I am glad I did as she will always be a part of our lives. And fortunately nobody has been negative about it...I might bite their heads off if they did.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
January 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
She is beautiful you def did the right thing by posting pictures of her. she is your daughter if it bugs other people then tell them not to look at your blog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search