Irritated with Photographer

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 11:00 AM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
I am irrate. Absolutely irrate. We had a photographer come to the hospital to take picture of Noah. She was part of NILMDTS (but please do not take judgement on them) so I trusted she would take care of us. She arrived 2 hours late without calling us until 15 minutes before she came. The poses she chose were wonderful, and I was so grateful for her to come. Then, as she was getting ready to leave, she mentioned that she was pregnant, and was 17 weeks (which is when we found out about Noah's condition) and her u/s was the next day. She said she couldn't imagine what it would be like, blah blah blah.

Anyway, she promised we'd have at least a few pictures for the memorial the following week, and the full disc of photos by the end of the month. Well, it's been nearly 4 months now and no pictures. I've sent several emails and she reassures me they are coming. She then told me she was on full bedrest and had a hard time completing her tasks. Fine, alright, just give them to somebody else. She then replied to me two weeks ago saying they were in the mail, and should be there any day. Nope. No pictures.

My co-worker's sister is also a photographer for NILMDTS and she did some belly pictures for us. She knows the other photographer, and just recently saw her this past week. Guess what, NOT ON BEDREST! Nope. She has no excuse for not getting me my pictures. Apparently my my co-worker's sister has repeatedly offered to help her with our pictures and even offered to pick them up and deliver them to me! But she refuses, says she doesn't need help.

EXCUSE ME! Those are the most precious posession I have. Please, just give me my photos. I would have paid a photographer to come. Now I wish I would have.

I'm calling the main office Monday to tell them about our experience. I'm sure this is not acceptable. This woman should not be allowed to be part of NILMDTS if this is how she treats families.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
January 30th, 2011, 03:02 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
yeah seems a long time to be still waiting, i would deffo complain to the main office hun, kup on what happens.

January 30th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Yup call or email, NILMDTS will handle it for you. They will contact her and ask her to send the photos to someone else if needed.

And definitely mention the demeanor, there is no need to mention your own pregnancy if someone just lost their baby. In fact I would think if visibly pregnant taking a break from doing NILMDTS photography would be in order.
January 30th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
sorry that shes not working on your pictures. I would def be mad. Did you pay her for the pictures already?
January 31st, 2011, 07:46 AM
noworries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi Dawn View Post
sorry that shes not working on your pictures. I would def be mad. Did you pay her for the pictures already?
You don't pay for the pictures. NILMDTS offers this as a free service for stillborn children and children in the NICU.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with the photographer. I didn't have a great experience with mine either. It took him forever to get the photos to me and then they were really awful the way that he edited them so I had him send me the originals and I edited them myself and they were so much better.
Definitely call and tell the NILMDTS office what is going on.
February 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! That is so horrible! I would be very mad & would call the main office! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that - HUGS!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

February 1st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm sorry honey. What a horrible way to mistreat you. I hope that you get your pictures soon and that they're all that you hope for!

February 2nd, 2011, 09:39 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry I hope you get your pictures soon...I never used NILMTS because they weren't going to get there till late...I think it's a good organization, but it's sad that some photographers would do that to parents that have been through so much...I hope you can get in contact with someone to help you.

February 4th, 2011, 07:05 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is completely unacceptable. I hope you call and complain and maybe give them the emails that you have sent back and forth with her. I hope you get your pictures of your precious little boy soon!

I also wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you since seeing your original post when you were pregnant and I am so sorry for your loss.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search