I'm a walking labor horror story

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have a couple IRL friends who are first time pregnant, who have expressed on their facebook that they're tired of labor "horror stories." Some girls in the DDC have mentioned this too. It always makes me a little uncomfortable, because all these people know my story. My mere presence is a horror story. Just by being there, I'm a reminder that there are worse things than botched epidurals and long labors leading to a csection.

In these conversations in person they get that uncomfortable, not-quite-meet-the-eye look.

I thought I was done feeling like I had some sort of disease a long time ago, but I guess it's with me forever, huh?

February 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt like that my in all my pregnancies, especially this last one. One girl in my DDC made a comment to another mom about a series of early scares and then said " not like anything else can go wrong" Yeah okay, slap my face. I think we will always have our "stigmas" follow us around because we do unfortunately remind people that being pregnant and pregnancies aren't always sunshine and roses, and there isn't always a happy ending.

February 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Super Mommy
It sucks that we have to be the party poopers I feel like everytime I post in our DDC, I have a scarlet letter on my posts. But I feel like for some people, it ends up being a saving grace. A perfect example is when I was pregnant with Robert, I lurked in your DDC with Patrick and had read your story about Cora. I didn't know at the time that I would end up in that same place, but after eveything happened, I am glad that it gave me the courage to come back here and get to know all you ladies.
February 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
hugs hun. i don't feel that way being around any of you on here. when I got pregnant I didn't know about all of the possibilities and outcomes. I think everyone thinks they will take their baby home. But in reality things don't always go as planned. I think that people need to be aware of stillbirth. I wouldn't have known about it if I wouldn't be on JM.
February 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brittanie,

Wow you are pregnant again? Congrats!!! I leave for a couple years and come back to some familiar faces and some great news.

So sorry you are made to feel this way. I know I feel that way often too, especially on fb. All of these people that want to live with their head in the sand so they dont have to deal with the pain of what could happen. Sometimes I convince myself that other people have some disorder, like anxiety or OCD, and maybe this is their way of not focusing on the bad and trying to only see the positive. I must admit that when I got pregnant with both of mine, I knew the risks because of my diabetes and I really didn't want to hear about it either, because I knew it was a real posibility. Maybe thats why they are like that? Hope that might help you to feel better. And sending HUGS just in case it doesn't.

February 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
RHONDA!!!! I was so excited to see you'd posted! Welcome back girlie!

Yeah, I am pregnant again, and sicker than sick. But that's the way of it, it seems.

And it's not necessarily that people are meaning to make me feel this way, you know?

February 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Don't worry Brit. ALL of my labors are horror stories! One ended in a c-section with no anesthesia and a NICU baby and the GOOD one, ended up with a dead baby (yes you read that right).

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

February 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
aww hugs brittanie

February 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
**hugs** Brittanie

I never remember not wanting to hear horror stories with my pregnancies. I used to freak a little, but then we lost Dominic.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

February 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you aren't getting a break from the sickness this time, hopefully it will not be as bad as before. And even though they dont mean to make you feel bad, it still stinks and I am sorry. If only these people knew how much we held our tongue to spare their feelings, maybe they would do us the same courtesy? Unfortunately we have lived parents worst nightmare so this does kind of follow us I am afraid. Their nightmare is our reality, but the thing is, god forbid, but if they are ever in our shoes, we will be the first ones they reach out to for comfort.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search