Feeling a little lost

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a very sweet graveside service for our Carter on Saturday. It was actually a beautiful service, that brought me a lot of peace Now that we've had Carter's funeral, I'm a little lost. I try to keep myself busy, but I become easily overwhelmed. I don't like being alone, but when I'm with others I want to leave. My husband has gone back to work. I feel like the world is going on ahead without me. It just it so strange that I was suppose to have baby this summer, I was pregnant 2 weeks ago, and now that's all over, but I don't know how to move ahead w/ out our baby boy. My DH wants me to talk to my doctor about anti depressants, since I've struggled w/ post-partum depression with my live births, and every time I have a quiet moment I'm crying. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by oregongirl; March 14th, 2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling errors
March 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I found the first few months after our DS died the hardest.
There are so many un answered questions and the wounds are still so raw.
The most important thing is to give yourself time.
I know that for me I watched as everyone moved forward and I was standing still.
I felt like I was the only one that remember and grieved for our DS.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
March 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Have you seen the movie UP? There's a scene at the beginning where the wife goes from crying at the OB's office to sitting in a chair in the yard staring at a tree. That's how it felt to me. I felt like trees were the only things that didn't change. Until, of course, fall came, then even they betrayed me.

It's so hard. If you had ppd before, then you might have it again. Your body is going through the same hormonal shifts it did the other times.

The hard part is trying to figure out life without your baby. You have to figure out who you are, since you're now a different person. And that takes time. And it hurts.

March 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Veteran
I had my daughter at 20 weeks around Halloween and it pissed me off so badly that 10 days after she died, my DH wanted to go to a Halloween party. Then the holidays. Everyone wanted to party and they went on, but I couldn't. Completely understand what you mean.
Blog
March 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I had the same problems. I lost Mia right before Christmas. To be honest especially around that time the anti-depressants helped me. I am normally not a pill person but I just felt like I could actually think about something else when I was on them. Before they kicked in I would cry almost all day, wouldn't eat etc. But after a while I felt like I could function more. It helped me get through the first 3 months which was on Monday and now we are weaning me off to see how I do. I still have moments where I just break down but they aren't as frequent.
March 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Super Mommy
Do talk to your Doctor. I went on antidepressants for only a few weeks, just enough so I could get a handle on my emotions. Before then I could not go barely an hour without crying.

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

March 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think talking to your doc about it would hurt, especially since you've had PPD before. Praying for healing for you

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, thank you all for your input. I think I will call and ask for a prescription. I know this sounds vain, but I'm worried that anti-depressants will cause me to hang on or slow down me losing the baby weight. I gained 17 lbs w/ this pregnancy, and haven't lost any of it yet.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
I can understand it. Not to worry though, the extra pounds will come off. It might even come off sooner than later if you are feeling better

Are your older kids home this week with spring break? How are they doing?

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

March 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try Wellbutrin. It is the one anti-depressant (that I know of) that can cause weight loss.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search