Odd reaction?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
noworries
So anytime I hear a story like this one...British Baby Girl Brought Back To Life After Being Frozen For Three Days
my first reaction is anger. I guess anger that my Eli didn't survive when these other babies are. Is that terrible. Does anyone else get those type of reactions instead of just seeing it as a miracle and being happy for the family.
March 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I do, I am glad I am not the only one. If I am not careful I will get quite bitter about it.

March 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah me too. Anger and envy. I get angry that Cora never even got the chance to fight in this way. By the time I realized there was something wrong she was already dead, and had been for far too long. I feel the same way when I hear of families who have a child go through a severe trauma or stay in the nicu/picu and comes out perfectly fine on the other end. I'm happy for their miracle, don't get me wrong, I'm sincerely glad that their baby survived.

But I just wish that Cora could have gotten that chance.

March 18th, 2011, 08:36 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't, because there was no fixing Ethan. Even the miracle stories I read come close to what he needed - a set of kidneys. There's no growing those.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but the treatment they described (it's called a cooling protocol) helped save Grant's life (well his brain functioning) in the NICU. When he was born he was having seizures with apnea, and he went on the cooling protocol immediately. They brought him down to about 96 degrees, which is not what this girl went down to obviously, but for a newborn it's quite a drop. He was taken off after 3 days, and despite the seizures and apnea, has absolutely no brain damage

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 18th, 2011, 10:40 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. I become angry that my son wasn't given that same chance at life, but like many of you by the time i realized...he was already gone. Its NOT fair.
March 19th, 2011, 06:38 AM
On the subject of the unfairness, I get SUPER pissed about teenagers or people in general who are in denial they are pregnant, get zero prenatal care, and pop out a perfectly healthy baby!! We all did everything we could for healthy babies and got screwed.

Rebecca - I am beyond over the moon that the cooling method worked for little Grant and that he is so wonderfully perfect!

March 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Not really. Like Rebecca said, there was no fixing Duncan's heart and lung defects. I simply wish we had known about the gravity of the situation, that way we could have prepared and induced labor before he went into congestive heart failure. He could have been born alive if we knew how bad his heart was.

March 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I think that way.
Our situation was different.
Our son died due to loss of oxygen during labour.
I wish we had been given a miracle.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
March 19th, 2011, 08:45 PM
noworries
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore and more View Post
I don't, because there was no fixing Ethan. Even the miracle stories I read come close to what he needed - a set of kidneys. There's no growing those.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but the treatment they described (it's called a cooling protocol) helped save Grant's life (well his brain functioning) in the NICU. When he was born he was having seizures with apnea, and he went on the cooling protocol immediately. They brought him down to about 96 degrees, which is not what this girl went down to obviously, but for a newborn it's quite a drop. He was taken off after 3 days, and despite the seizures and apnea, has absolutely no brain damage
I didn't realize that Grant had that done. I knew he went threw a lot after he was born. He truly is your miracle baby and that makes me happy.
March 20th, 2011, 02:03 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i dont get angry like i used to, im happy for miracles, what gets me angry now thou are people who don't deserve babies bt thats another thread

March 20th, 2011, 09:25 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get angry because Bryan Luke COULD have and SHOULD have survived if we had just caught that he was in distress sooner. He would have been early, but Sarah Beth was much earlier. I am so envious in situations like those I could spit.

But, I always go back to being happy that their baby DID survive. I never wish this on anyone else... I just wish I was in their shoes.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
March 20th, 2011, 05:47 PM
noworries
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBethsMommy View Post
I never wish this on anyone else... I just wish I was in their shoes.
I think this sums it up perfectly. I wish I was in their shoes. I am so glad their baby survived, like you said I would never wish the death of a baby on anyone, myself included.

I knew I could come here and vent about this and not have people think I was a horrible person. Thanks ladies, for being your awesome selves.
March 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBethsMommy View Post
I get angry because Bryan Luke COULD have and SHOULD have survived if we had just caught that he was in distress sooner. He would have been early, but Sarah Beth was much earlier. I am so envious in situations like those I could spit.

But, I always go back to being happy that their baby DID survive. I never wish this on anyone else... I just wish I was in their shoes.
This is my oldest daughter's situation exactly and exactly how I feel too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search