Annoucment

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hi my name is Shannon and it has been a week and 2 days since our little girl left us. She was born on april 7th. We named her Cora LaVerne. She was 26 weeks gestation. It is so hard to be without her and not feeling her kick and move inside. Hope that I will get through this loss. This is the second loss for myself and I find it very hard to deal with. I am sure I will get through as I look at our son and he gives me hope. She is dearly missed, hope I can find the strengh some how.
April 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
noworries
I am so sorry to have to welcome you here. I'm Carrie, my son Eli was stillborn at 26 weeks in August of 2009. It's something I wish no one ever had to go through. We are here for you as you grieve, cry, scream, etc.
April 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My Cora was also born sleeping. Her 5th birthday is in 2 weeks.

I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this more than once! Once was hard enough for me.

April 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry.

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
April 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for you loss. I delivered our son last month, at 21 weeks. I hope you can find some peace at this difficult time.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 18th, 2011, 04:53 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are here with whatever you need. You and your family are in my T&P. Our little boy, Matthew, was stillborn at 23 weeks July 1, 2010.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
April 19th, 2011, 02:25 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im sorry to have to welcome you here shannon, and so sorry you lost your precious cora, i lost my jessica in 2005, please stay the support system in this boar is amazing. im co host here im claire x

April 19th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Thanks so much. It is so hard not to cry all the time. but I have to stay strong for our 3 year old. He just started asking about cora. I feel so sad as I keep thinking when should we try again. It took us 2 1/2 years and 7 months of fertitlty meds to concieve cora. I just don't want to have to wait another 2 years again. when did you try again for another?
April 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i tried after 10 months but it took a few more months to concieve (i loast the baby) then i concieved after 12 months my rainbow baby (not such a baby anymore shes 3) i didnt try for her thou she was a total surprise.

April 19th, 2011, 07:14 AM
noworries
First, I want to say that it's ok for your son to see you cry and grieve. It's actually healthy for him to learn that it's ok to cry. My daughter was almost 2 when Eli was stillborn and she would ask me what was wrong and I would just tell her that I was sad and that I missed Eli.
We started trying again pretty much right away. We needed to get the doctor's ok that I no longer had the virus that was the cause of death for Eli and once we got that ok, we started trying. We got pregnant again about 3 months after Eli was born. My due date was actually on Eli's 1st birthday.
April 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I am nervous as I have a divided uterus. I have lost two on the left side of my uterus and had a little boy on the right side. I was watched very closely with this pregnancy and it still ended. I hope that when we try again that every thing will be okay. Our families are telling us not to even think of another. Just wish that they would keep their comments to them selves. I know that it has only been almost 2 weeks. I feel like I should not be even thinking of another, but that is all I am thinking. Is this normal.
April 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think that's one of the most common things we go through. Many many women want to try again immediately.

I don't think that there's any wrong way to grieve. I'm sorry about your family's comments. Only you and your SO can decide whether it's right for you to try again.

April 20th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy

Hi Shannon - I am glad you found your way over here, the ladies here are INCREDIBLE!

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Cora.

As you know, my name is Jenn - I am also the co-host on this board, I lost my daughter Rebecca in 2003 at 27 weeks gestation - have gone on to have two beautiful boys and currently pregnant with a little girl and scared out of my mind to say the least.

We started to TTC after three months we lost Rebecca, had a miscarriage and that crusheed me just as bad - then went on in the following August to get pregnant with Benjamin - you will TTC when your ready - and only when you and your hubby are ready - tell your family to keep their comments to themselves. I know they are only trying to help but it doesn't help - they just don't know what to say.

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
April 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I'm so sorry for your loss.
We lost our son during labour over two years ago

Your in my Thoughts.

Liz

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater