so...

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Super Mommy
How is everyone doing today?

I'm still in the stage (I hope it's just a stage?) where I'm all over the place. Sunday I felt miserable, but had stuff planned with DH and my parents so I just faked it all day and ended up crying for a good part of the night and the next morning. But yesterday (Tuesday) I felt great. Today's been somewhere in between.

How about you?

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
April 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm about where you are. I'm still not sleeping at night, and spend the night crying. I've gone back to work, and I can pretty much hold it together there, but as soon as I have a quiet moment, I fall apart.

I hope you get to a point where things get easier.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Super Mommy
I have to go back to work in a week and a half. I'm dreading it. Maybe it'll be good for me, who knows?

I hope that for you as well. *hugs* Hang in there. It can only get better, right?

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
April 21st, 2011, 04:07 AM
Lets hope it gets better. Just when I think I am having a great day I end up crying my eyes out. It is 2 weeks today since our Cora left and god I hope it gets easier.
April 21st, 2011, 07:24 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, Cora's birthday is coming up, so it's been on my mind lately.

But honestly? I am all over the place too, 5 years later. I just spend longer in the good places, if that makes sense. I think grief is a better described as a journey or a process than a series of stages. You're never really "done."

I actually wrote a blog post about it a while back (here)

To you ladies. At first it's so hard. After a while, I don't know, I hope this doesn't sound jaded, but you get used to it.

April 21st, 2011, 07:25 AM
noworries
Ladies, your losses are all still very new. I promise it will get better. The hard days will become fewer and you will have good days more often. Your babies will always be a part of your lives and you will always miss them, but after a while, you won't cry every day and you will sometimes be able to talk about your sweet little one without crying (not always, but sometimes). You find a new normal and learn to live with the hole in heart that losing your baby has left.
It's been over a year and a half for me and life is good again. I still have days that I miss Eli and cry but not near as often as the first few months after losing him. I think about him often but can (sometimes) have peace about him not being here with me.
April 22nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im good thanx too as brittanie said we have longer periods og being good but it can take one thing and were back to square one

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search