the first of the "lasts"

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Wednesday, April 26th, 2006 was my last OB appointment. I'd had quite a bit of bad braxton hicks contraction and cervical pain, so even though I was only 37 1/2 weeks I asked him to check me. I was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced, and he could feel her head (but she pulled away).

I was living in Idaho, and my parents would be in Utah that weekend for my brother's graduation that weekend, so I asked about them maybe inducing me so my parents could come up. He answered that he couldn't without medical reason, especially since I wasn't even 38 weeks yet, and just a few days could make a difference.

I was a little disappointed, but I understood. As I was leaving he said "Well, see you next Wednesday. That is, if I don't see you before then!"

She died Sunday night.

April 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Brittanie, I am coming up on those bad memories and the replay of doing things differently, should have been more adamant, etc... You have been on my mind a lot lately.... love and hugs.

April 26th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I am so soory for your loss. I myself lost a little girl 2 1/2 weeks ago.
April 26th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I know what you feel.

I went to my OB appointement on March 15th and I said to him that I was done with the pregnancy, I was almost 36+4 days and I ask him to do a c-section because they were breach. He said for medical reasons he couldn't do that, so he sheduled the c-section for march 28th. I insist with him because it was my bday on march 19th and it will be nice they born in the same day as me. That weekend was the supermoon, and i thought they could born anyway, since he coudn't make the c-section! Well, on march 23, I went for my last U/S and NST when they couldn't find the heartbeat of baby B. I rush to the hospital for a emegency c-section for at least we could save the baby A. Today instead of having 2 babies I just have one!!!!!!

The doctors should trust on mothers instints
April 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
Sending hugs your way

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
April 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Well, no motherly instinct here. iI was naive and oblivious and had no clue that something was wrong when I noticed reduced movement. I thought that it's a common thing towards the end of the pregnancy when it gets crowded in there. I am guilty for being so naive and will carry this with me all my life.

April 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
thinking of you hun x

April 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen123 View Post

Well, no motherly instinct here. iI was naive and oblivious and had no clue that something was wrong when I noticed reduced movement. I thought that it's a common thing towards the end of the pregnancy when it gets crowded in there. I am guilty for being so naive and will carry this with me all my life.
At that appointment I had no reason to think anything was wrong. My ONLY reason for wanting an induction was because my parents could be there. I didn't really know anything was wrong until she had already passed, even the night before she died. That night before I was slightly worried, but not enough to drive me to go to the hospital on a Sunday night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search