25 weeks - 28 weeks (a scary point in pregnancy for me)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Hi Ladies,

i have been quiet because i have been trying to get through this three week window of pregnancy that freaks the hell out of me. Rebecca stopped growing at 25 weeks gestation and we lost her at 27 weeks and 1 day gestation.

I am currently 25 weeks & 2 days pregnant with Kaitlin.

I have had two successful rainbow babies since Rebecca's loss but I am still scared that something can go wrong and even more so now that I know i am carrying a girl.

I am getting a lot of criticism from my friends for buying everything I need for her before hitting this crucial time - but the thing is if I was anyone else, no one would say a thing and that pisses me off.

I need all the strength I can to get through the next 3 weeks, and have Kaitlin kick me the entire time and let her momma know she is okay - please - if I lose her I am going to break - I will not be able to explain that to my boys, i am so scared and that is why I am quiet.

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
May 18th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
I can only imagine just how freaking scary any pregnancy after a loss can be...
I have all the faith in the world in your capabilities!
Just know how much you are loved...I pray these three weeks just fly by!!!
May 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
noworries
That milestone during pregnancy is definitely the hardest. I hope the next few weeks take it easy on you and that miss Kaitlin is super active and gives you no reason to worry.
I can't believe people are giving you a hard time about having already bought the stuff you need for Kaitlin, that makes me angry.
May 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
we move in one month back to Canada - so I bought EVERYTHING we need for the first 18 months with Kaitlin here - yes two high chairs included. My entire dining room has been taken over by her stuff but it is worth it.

People have been saying it "nicely" as they can that i should wait and that I need to put my priorities in order. But i find that if i "wait" it is like I am waiting for something to happen and by buying ahead maybe she will come safely? I know that won't change anything in the end but in my head it makes me feel better - if that makes sense

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
May 18th, 2011, 11:54 AM
noworries
I just really can't believe that people have the nerve to say those things. As if you don't have your priorities in order. Give me a break.
May 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First all those people can eat $hit! Unbelievable! I totally get how freaked out you are, I am every time, and it was way worse when I was pregger with Abbi because she was a girl and I had convinced myself I was never going to be able to bring a girl home. There is absolutely nothing I can say to make this time easier, other than freak out when you need to , rant when you need to, and do what ever you need to keep your sanity as best as you can, and I can't wait to see pics of this princess!

May 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was wondering why you didn't wait until after you moved, until I realized things are cheaper here. lol Your loss point didn't even cross my mind. It's frustrating when people say things like that and I'm sorry that they're saying that to you.

Really, in the end, if you want to wait to buy stuff until you're "safe," you're never going to buy anything, so you might as well just act like it's a sure thing on hope, right?

I've been praying for you.

May 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was lurking and saw this. Now I lost three girls, twins at 16 weeks and one died at 12 weeks(genetic testing showed she was a girl), I did fairly well with my pregnancies once I convinced myself the first two were boys(they were), with Norah I felt she was a girl from the beginning which made things worse. I had this fear that I was never going to have a girl, and having known that three of my 12 losses were girls(half never made it to 6 weeks) made me convinced that all of my losses were girls. I had carried two perfect little boys after my losses with the girls but they were boys. When you are expecting the same sex as you lost you freak out more and your anxiety is higher, your brain plays tricks on you. I also had this fear the ultrasounds were wrong. You will get through it just keep talking to her using her name, poke her to make her move when needed, and talk to Rebecca too.

As far as your friends they need to mind their own business.

((((HUGS))))

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search