Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I ran across this site and found that unfortunately there are more members in this area than the other site I was on. Just looking for people dealing with the same thing.

I lost my son Aiden March 11th, 2011. Its been just over two months. Pregnancy was great.. I was going for weekly NST and ultrasound checks. I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks. The day before I went to my last checkup. Hooked me up on the NST machine and they couldn't get the heartbeat. Went to the ultrasound room to check baby's position and thats when we found out that he had passed. No heartbeat.
The next morning on my scheduled induction date I delivered a beautiful baby boy weighing 8# 5oz and 20" long. He passed due to an umbillical cord accident. It was wrapped very tight around his neck twice. We also have a 5 year old son at home - its very hard trying to explain to another child at that age what happened.

We had a small funeral and burial for our angel. We miss him dearly and hoping to start trying again soon. Right now I am on birth control giving myself a few months to heal.

I miss him like crazy.
May 19th, 2011, 11:39 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry to have to welcome you here and for the loss of your son, this board is quiet at the moment but the ladies are amazing and are here whenever anyone needs them. im claire co host of this board i lost my daughter jessica on june 17th 2005 while i can say that it gets easier in time i do not feel healed i dont think you ever get over the death of a child (()).
please stick around and thank you for sharing your angel with us xxx

May 20th, 2011, 05:35 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you have a reason to join us here. I am so sorry about your precious angel. The ladies here are wonderful, my daughter Makenzie was born still May 18, 1997. Time does help you learn to cope with it, and I am sure it is difficult with your other child and hard for them to understand. I know how excited my 5 yr old was to be a big sister.

May 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I am so sorry for your loss.
My son died during labour.
All the ladies here are fantastic.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
May 20th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Your story sounds a lot like mine, thought I wasn't doing NSTs or anything. But my Cora died of the exact same thing, 5 years ago this month. She was my first though so I didn't have to explain it to anyone. That must be so hard.

May 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM
noworries
I am so sorry to have to welcome you here but you've found a great group of ladies. I'm Carrie. My son Eli was stillborn August 29, 2009. My daughter was only 20 months old when he was born so she was too young to really understand what happened which was good and bad. Good because it didn't really affect her how it could have if she was older but bad because she doesn't really remember him.
Like the other ladies have said, time does help you learn to deal with the loss but you never get it over it and it never really stops hurting, you just learn to live with the pain.
May 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you lost your sweet Aiden.

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
May 20th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Super Mommy
A sad welcome to our group. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Aiden. My son Robert was born still on 12/17/08, presumably from a cord accident at 35 weeks. The pain certainly never goes away, but it does lessen over time. Lots of to you during this painful time.
May 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Thank you everyone for all the kind words. As horrible as it is.. it is nice to know I'm not alone. Sometimes when I try and explain how I feel to my family I know they can in no way understand - but they do a great job of just being there for me.
I normally deal really good. I like talking about him.. I actually find myself bringing him up a lot. I do have my bad days though. Yesterday was one..just the feeling of being so overwhelmed I couldn't get anything done and I was in tears. I took a nap and eventually felt better. But it was pretty crazy.. Today I woke up feeling a LOT better.
I have a great support system at home on both sides of our family. But I just usually find ways to keep myself busy. we had finally tried to baby #2 and I was SO excited.. and then to have this happen kinda gave me a hard kick in the butt. I work full time so now that I'm back to work it has helped keep me occupied. Plus DH coaches DS's tee-ball right now so that is fun. Like I said, normally I do really good and have a positive and realistic outlook.. but I have my down days and right now I'm just SOOO jealous of the preggos out there. My Sister in law AND my step sister are both pregnant with their 4th child so come this christmas it will be hard when they both have their new little ones and I won't. Trying to stay positive but .. like I said.. there are good days and bad days.
May 20th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss. My DD was 15 months old when we lost DS. I couldn't imagine having to explain it to a 5 year old.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

May 20th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss. My son, Eric was stillborn at 39 weeks on July 12, 2009 for reasons unknown. My dd was 7 years old at the time, and I remember how difficult it was to explain to her. She also did not know what to say to her friends, teachers, etc.
I'm glad you found this board. The ladies here are amazing.

May 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son Colm was bornstill May 13, 2009. We are not sure what took his life, but it was most likely due to his cord being very thin.

I had four older children and it was very difficult explaining it to them. They still talk about him frequently.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Aiden. I can't imagine taking a baby to term like that to lose him. I hope you can find some sort of peace at this horrible time.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search