Ethan turned one today

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 09:55 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Not my Ethan of course. He's nearing 2.5, even though he's not here. But Grant goes to daycare, and one of his friends is named Ethan. That is the Ethan who turned one today. It's so weird when I go to pick him up, sometimes I hear their teacher addressing them. "Ethan, don't push Grant" or "Grant, give Ethan back his pacifier, yours is over here." SO WEIRD. Ethan is a very sweet kid, and he and Grant like to hang out together, so of course I wished him a happy birthday today, but it was weird because the only other times I have said the words "happy birthday Ethan" have been on MY Ethan's birthdays. And twice already I have signed my name next to the other Ethan's on the daycare pickup sheet.

So far, none of this has made me sad. But I hear myself and other people saying these things, it feels like I have fallen into some parallel universe where he ISN'T dead, and it's just bizarre. So to me, it's bizarre to have two LIVING children, and it's normal to have one living and one dead. That is my normal. Is it just me, or is that a really ****** up normal?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 1st, 2011, 01:48 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
where i work there is a little girl called jessica, at first i couldn't bring self to say her name saying the name out loud really effected me. then when keeley started going and saying her name got a little easier to say i hit another hurdle....seeing jessica and keeley play together and hearing someone say come ''come here keeley and jessica'' and also seeing them hold hands that was so hard to see

June 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Not so much with the names here, but my best friend's oldest daughter is 2 months younger than Cora and ALSO has red curly hair. So seeing her and Erin was really weird for a while.

It is a messed up normal. But it's not because YOU are messed up, but rather that the world is.

June 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
noworries
We had a neighbor move in who had 3 kids and one of them was named Eli. Like you, it didn't make me sad, just felt weird to be saying his name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search