Happy Birthday, my sweet little Matthew!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today is Matthew's first birthday.....and yesterday while I knew it was one year since I went in to have him, I suddenly realized it was almost 2 months until Annalise's due date. I hate how when I feel so excited about Annalise, I then sometimes feel guilty because of Matthew. If Matthew had survived and was here, Annalise would not be conceived. I know I had no control over the situation, and I "shouldn't" feel guilty, sometimes I can't help it. We are so excited for Annalise, and so beyond thrilled I've made it to 31 weeks so far, and praying we have a healthy little girl in August, but it still hurts sometimes, you know?
DH had to work today unfortunately (his work is very much not accommodating for ANYTHING), but one of my close friends is taking me to lunch and for a pedicure. She is the one person IRL who was constantly there for me throughout my pregnancy with Matthew and has continued to be there for me. She is also the person arranging my baby shower for Annalise in a few weeks! On Sunday, we are going out with another couple from our Angel Babies support group that we went to after Matthew was born. Their little boy's birthday is Sunday so we thought it would be nice to honor them both that day.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
July 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me

I think we all feel that way sometimes. Even though it would have been physically possible for me to have both Erin and Cora, it's probably I wouldn't since I would have probably been nursing and if Erin and Patrick are any clue, I wouldn't have been ovulating at all when Cora was 5 months old.

I'm glad you have someone to take you out. I'm sorry your husband had to work.

July 1st, 2011, 03:54 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Birthday to Matthew!!! I found after I made it past Ella's first birthday that things got a little better for me...I too feel guilty about loving and being excited about another baby...I think it's normal to feel that way, i'm sure our babies know that we still love and miss them (((hugs)))

July 1st, 2011, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday little Matthew!

July 2nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
happy birthday sweet matthew

July 2nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday to Matthew!

July 2nd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Thank you, ladies! <3 It was a rough day, but we got through it.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
July 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
noworries
I'm glad you have such a great friend who has been there for you through all of this. I totally understand how you feel with Annalise. I got pregnant with Isaac a little less than 3 months after Eli was born so if Eli had survived, there is no way that we would have Isaac right now. It's hard to balance those feelings sometimes.
July 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you. Matthew wasn't due until October 27th, and I got pregnant in December, so while we waited 5 months to get pregnant, if he was on time, she wouldn't be here, or well, conceived, since she's not "here" yet. It's hard to understand all of my feelings about it, but I'm glad that I'm not alone in this.

July 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you were able tohave some peace on Matthew's birthday.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
sorry I missed Matthew's birthday.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater