kick counts (preg mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 01:44 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At what weeks did you all do kick counts? I never did them or worried about anything like this before...I asked my doctor and she said not till after 30 weeks, but that doesn't seem right to me.

July 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The OB covering for my OB (who by the way, I seriously dislike- the covering OB I mean), told me to start doing them at 24 weeks, after dinner. I have discovered that honestly isn't her active time though, so I just do them periodically throughout the day, usually when I start feeling her move. I usually do them in the middle of the night, when I get up to pee and then lie back down to go to sleep- she's always active then, and it's reassuring and helps me fall back asleep.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
July 5th, 2011, 08:15 AM
noworries
Pretty much as soon as I was feeling Isaac consistently move I was paying attention to when his active times were and while I didn't necessarily do kick counts per say, if I didn't feel him move when I normally would, I would start doing things to get him to move.
July 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I started doing them as soon as the movements grew to be consistant, probably between 24-28 weeks. I started earlier than my OB suggested, but given the previous loss, and that fact that I was feeling movement at 16 weeks, I felt it was important to start establishing patterns and baselines. I had one time where I grew nervous, I think around 27-28 weeks, and my OB had me in right away for a NST to check the baby out.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
July 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't feel the baby consistently enough until after 20 weeks. My OB never advised me, but that's when I started to do them.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search