test tomorrow (updated original post)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have my CVS test scheduled for tomorrow morning. I hate needles so I'm extremely anxious for this, and also for the results. The genetics counselor was not so helpful when I talked to her about it. Kept giving me the statistics, like from the CVS to term there is a 30% chance of loss. I got quiet and so she told me to look on the bright side, there's a 70% chance everything will be ok. I told her to forgive me, but given I was part of the 1% that had a stillbirth, I don't put much stock into statistics. I'm glad to know what I might be getting into though. Please keep me in your prayers tomorrow and for the next 7-14 days as we wait for the results.

***Update***

Well, my appointment ended up being an hour late, so I sat in the waiting room for over an hour with another woman's 4 obnxious kids while she was in the back getting an u/s for her 5th, a girl, that she was more than disappointed about.....(REALLY lady....you need to get out of the office before I claw your eyes out)

Anyway, they called me back and we got to see baby again, flipping and jumping with a HR of 166. They answered a few questions I had and then the doc came in to do the test. VERY uncomfortable, mildly painful, so I'm glad it's over with. After it was over, the tech let us see the baby again since I had gotten a little upset, which was really nice. Baby does have a nasal bone, but some Down's Syndrome children do, so it didn't help to find out. We'll have results in 7-14 days, maybe sooner, and it will include gender.

I had some cramping yesterday and last night before I fell asleep. It's been better today, except my tummy is really sore and black-n-blue where the needle went in. I'm doing ok with the wait, I think because I know the results are coming, sooner rather than later, and there will be no guess work with them. Plus the two other little ones are keeping me busy!
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:

Last edited by littlebeansmommy; July 7th, 2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: update
July 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran
Big and I will be praying for you!
July 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
from me too! And you will be in my prayers.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*
July 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
noworries
Good luck hon. KUP.
July 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, I hope all goes well.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
updated
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
July 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM
noworries
Sorry about the late appt. and obnoxious lady in the waiting room but otherwise it sounds like it was a good appt. Praying you get great news in the next two weeks. Let us know.
July 8th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Veteran
Still praying for you hon!!!
July 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping to hear your great news soon!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search