Hurt/angry on behalf of a babyloss friend (her pregnancy mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So, my friend Janisa lives here in town. We met when she lost her baby boy at 19 weeks in December. ((I might have told you ladies about her)). Anyway, she was a old friend of my best friend whom I'd never actually met, and Telima gave us each others' contact info when she found out Janisa's Logan had died.

Anyway, Janisa has a 2 1/2 year old daughter, and is pregnant again. She announced yesterday that it's another (healthy!!!) girl, and she got this comment:

"Congrats!! (and, I must say, that I absolutely love having all of the same gender. I wouldn't change it for anything! You're going to love it!)"

I just wanted to slap that lady and say "She's SUPPOSED to have a girl and A BOY!!" But I didn't. Janisa is not as open about her loss as I am and I didn't want to start anything during her happy moment. But it made me mad.

July 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM
noworries
People say some stupid things thinking that they are actually being helpful. Did this lady know about Janisa's son?
July 6th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Yeah, see, I have no idea if she knew or even realized. I don't know this lady. Another reason why I didn't say anything.

July 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would make me mad too!!! Kind of reminds me of myself...When people ask what i'm having and I say a boy, and they ask "Oh I bet your so happy to have another boy" and I say "actually I kind of wanted a girl" and they go on and on about how I have 3 girls already and having a boy and brother for Jack is so great...They seem to forget that I had a baby girl die just 20 months ago? It really infuriates me...I wish people would just keep their mouth shut!

July 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think people don't realize that what they are saying is hurtful. I had someone ask me if I was having any more children, that my Gavin needed a brother. I didn't even know what to say to the moron.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 7th, 2011, 07:13 AM
noworries
Yeah, I constantly get comments on how lucky I am to have a boy and girl, that it's so perfect and I always think (but rarely say) that I have a girl and TWO boys.
July 7th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Veteran
I hate being asked if I have any kids. Most of the time I don't want to get into it, but then I feel guilty that I'm not honoring their memory.
July 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworries View Post
Yeah, I constantly get comments on how lucky I am to have a boy and girl, that it's so perfect and I always think (but rarely say) that I have a girl and TWO boys.
Before I got pregnant again, I got told I had the "perfect" family all the time. I wanted to say "something perfect wouldn't have a huge hole in the middle of it like my family does."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
I hate being asked if I have any kids. Most of the time I don't want to get into it, but then I feel guilty that I'm not honoring their memory.
I think we've all felt that way before. I hate telling people I have "two and one on the way." But I also don't like getting into it with strangers.

July 11th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
those comments piss me off too - but everyone handles loss differently and may not have shared her loss with everyone - a lot of people on my facebook only found out about Rebecca when her angelversary came up

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search