37wk loss

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
liza17's Avatar Regular
Im new here. And just wondering how long it takes to get pregnant after loss.

On Jan 15 2011 at 37wks I went into labor. I held my boy after 4hrs of labor. He was beautiful. Long
black hair, chubby. 11.2 lbs. 23inches long. Head 14in. He just wasn't breathing. He
had the cord around his neck 2 times. My worst nightmare just happened to me. I was
thinking im 22 this would never happen to me but it did.

So I have been trying to get pregnant ever since. Still depressed at times but better every month.

Doc told me I need to have my normal period for 3 months till I can get pregnant. I finally got 1 normal
cycle. So Im guessing my wait will be 2 more months. Any advice? Anyone else went through this?

I also got my progesterone level checked which is sadly 1. So I am not ovulating yet...
July 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I lost my first baby girl at 38 weeks, when I was 23.

I got my period back regularly right away. I was told I had to wait 3 cycles too, but he wouldn't be angry if I came back pregnant. We waited 3 cycles, and got pregnant the 2nd trying, so there were 5 months between delivering Cora and conceiving Erin.

I'm so sorry that you have to experience this and that your little guy isn't with you.

July 18th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Veteran
i lost my baby girl at 39wks and i was 24

i waited until my first af then i was pg with my wee boy there was 8mths between thens as he was born at 26wks

i think waiting is a good idea i wasnt told anything just to try when i was ready didnt think i would fall straight away

im really sorry your boy was born sleeping hun big hugs to you
July 18th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I lost my little girl at 42 weeks when I was 21. I was never told to wait a certain time, only to try when I felt emotionally ready. I fell pregnant with my 2nd daughter 6 months after losing Ceilidh.
July 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost my son at 20 weeks in 2008 and was told to wait one normal cycle. I got AF back at 5 weeks PP and started ttc right after. I got pregnant the first cycle and miscarried, had another cycle, got pregnant on the next cycle and miscarried then had 2 cycles of no pregnancy. I got pregnant again on my 6th PP cycle and again miscarried. I was then diagnosed with 2 blood clotting disorders, started medication and got pregnant again during my 7th PP cycle and carried that pregnancy to term.

Good luck!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

July 19th, 2011, 12:40 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry for your loss hun, i waited 10 months before trying again i needed to be emotionally ready i concieved after a few cycles but sadley m/c then got pregnant with my rainbow baby 12 months after my m/c

July 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how painful that must be. I was only 20 weeks, so I was able to start ttc after my first cycle. I wish you all the best.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
noworries
I am so sorry for your loss. What did you name your baby boy?

I got pregnant a little less than 3 months after my son Eli was stillborn.
July 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
liza17's Avatar Regular
We named our boy Anthony.....
July 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss! My son, Bryan Luke, was born still on August 4, 2007. My doctor told me to wait a year before TTC, but that was due to some serious medical issues in myself and that I had a c-section to get him out. I actually waited a lot longer and we just had our rainbow baby a year ago on June 18, 2010.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search