How Did You Do it? (pregnancy mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK ladies, I am 39 weeks tomorrow! Annalise will make her arrival by the end of the week, no matter what. I am gestational diabetic and my OB doesn't want me to go past 39.5 weeks, so that is Friday, but I don't know the exact day he will bring me in. I am most likely having a c-section due to the fact that at my last two appointments, after I got my cerclage out at 36 weeks, my cervix was thick, high, and apparently somehow now positioned behind my bladder. I have other medical issues myself- I have Spina Bifida and have had multiple surgeries because of it, including some complicated bladder surgeries. My OB was hoping my cervix would move, but my guess is it won't- I'm just not that lucky At the beginning of my pregnancy, I basically had a prolapsed cervix- it was almost hanging out (sorry if that's TMI), so I don't think he thought this would be a problem now. So, a probable c-section it is, with a urologist in the OR with my OB (and me under general anesthesia) to assist and make sure my bladder stays intact and OK.
So my question- how did you do it ladies? How did you calm yourself at all when going in to have your rainbow babies? As it gets closer, I am getting much more nervous and so scared. I have a different situation than most of you, I know- Matthew was 23 weeks, not full-term, and we knew he wouldn't make it through delivery. That isn't making it easier on me though, I don't think- well, maybe it is compared to some people's experiences, but it doesn't feel like it. I am just so worried that something will happen and we again won't have a baby to bring home, or that something will happen to me now with the complicated c-section now thrown in. I guess I'm just asking for prayers and thoughts from you, ladies. I know I will get through this, and I do believe we will have a little girl to bring home and love and raise.
If you've read all this, THANK YOU!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
August 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand how you feel. Carter was only 20 weeks. I'm expecting now, and the idea of going to deliver, just like we did Carter, terrifies me. I have plenty of time to try to get use to the idea. I will thinking of you this week and praying for you. I pray that you have a peaceful, healthy delivery. I'm sure when you hold Annalise in your arms, that your sweet Matthew will be here. Please let us know how it goes.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 22nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I had a stillbirth at 39 weeks, my story was different. Honestly, until I held him my arms, i didn't think I was bringing a baby home. I was so scared the whole time i was pregnant that I just continued with my daily life without getting too much excited. I wish I was able to enjoy my pregnancy .
Anyway, I will be thinking of you this week. Good luck and KUP!

August 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
noworries
I did hypnobabies with Isaac and part of it was listening to positive affirmations about pregnancy and birth every day. I really believed it helped me to have those positive statements in my head every day.
You are getting so close, I know you are scared but try to remain positive. I'm praying that everything goes perfectly and both you and Annalise are healthy and happy.
August 23rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, ladies! I am scheduled to go in Sunday at 5 pm for cervical ripening and then induction will start early Monday morning! I'm still hoping she comes on her own, but it's nice to have a date if she doesn't.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
August 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy for you Jacque!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and I can't wait for an update!

The closer I get to delivery the more worried I get too...I'm so worried that i've made it this far, and something bad is going to happen...I thought my worry/anxiety would get better after my loss points, but it hasn't...So I don't have any advice since I'm going through the same thing.

August 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Honestly, with Erin, my first rainbow baby...I was a walking zombie. The only way I could keep from completely falling apart was by not feeling anything at all. But once I got into the hospital for delivery with her ALIVE, I knew there was a much higher chance of getting to take her home. Labor is a relief for me, just to have a living baby during labor.

I pray that both our babies arrive healthy!!

August 26th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
There is no way to be calm - at least there wasn't for me!
I was so scared in the OR having kaitlin - I just wanted to hear her scream - I was worried that she wouldn't cry - and I was in tears when they pulled her out crying!

just breath when your in there
and think of your little girl
that is all I did.

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
August 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Aromatherapy to settle my nerves and celebrity gossip mags to distract me. I was induced and it was along time until we concluded that Grant was happy in there and was not going to come out, so after my epidural I had awhile just waiting around.

I barely remember it. The BP Oil spill was 5 days before he was born, and I didn't know the full story for another 12 days when he came home! I just remember seeing Anderson Cooper on the tv a lot.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search