pregnacy question

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2011, 04:59 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how long do you wait to think about getting pregnant if you had a stillbirth?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
September 18th, 2011, 05:58 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My OB said to wait 3 months, but more for the mental aspect of grieving than health reasons. I knew I wanted another baby and so I made the decision to start trying as soon as my cycles started up again. It varies for each person, there's no right or wrong answer.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
September 18th, 2011, 05:59 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I waited 2 years before we even thought about it seriously. But I was worried I would die with another pregnancy, so I'm weird. I have always thought waiting about 6 months is better. I'd try to avoid getting pregnant 3 months later because then your due date would be close to your child's one year birthday. Of course, that's all just my opinion and really it depends on YOU and what YOU and your doctor and your family think about the matter.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
September 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
We waited six months before trying to get pregnant.
But each person is different.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
September 18th, 2011, 08:39 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started to try right away and got pregnant for the first time 3 months later...I was told it was fine to try right away.

September 18th, 2011, 11:29 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i waited 10 months x

September 19th, 2011, 07:43 AM
noworries
Like others have said, there's no right or wrong when it comes to this. It's different for everyone. We started trying as soon as we got the ok from the doctor that the virus that I had contracted that was the cause of death for Eli was not going to be a problem again. I got pregnant a little less than 3 months after losing Eli. My due date was on Eli's first birthday. That was kind of hard for me. Isaac was born 5 days early so his birthday wasn't on Eli's birthday (I was glad for that) but it's still kind of hard having them so close together. It's a big celebration and happiness for Isaac's birthday but then a few days later I have to deal with Eli's birthday and I sometimes feel guilty that I've been so busy planning Isaac's birthday that I haven't had time to focus on Eli. Anyway, just something to think about with that.
Whatever you decide is right for you and your husband is what is right.
September 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I started THINKING about it right away.

We started trying after 4 months (my doctor had said I MUST wait at least 3 since I'd been so sick while pregnant). We got pregnant on our 2nd cycle trying, so there were 5 months between delivery and conception.

September 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
liza17's Avatar Regular
I wanted to get pregnant ASAP. We started trying after 3wks but got pregnant in 6 months. First I had lochia for 8wks that is the longest ever then I had 2 very long cycles then finally a positive pregnancy test. Now I am very happy and cant wait.

September 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats liza

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We started right away, but I wasn't full term. I've struggled w/ infertility w/ each of my babies, I can't believe that I got pregnant so soon after our loss.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworries View Post
Like others have said, there's no right or wrong when it comes to this. It's different for everyone. We started trying as soon as we got the ok from the doctor that the virus that I had contracted that was the cause of death for Eli was not going to be a problem again. I got pregnant a little less than 3 months after losing Eli. My due date was on Eli's first birthday. That was kind of hard for me. Isaac was born 5 days early so his birthday wasn't on Eli's birthday (I was glad for that) but it's still kind of hard having them so close together. It's a big celebration and happiness for Isaac's birthday but then a few days later I have to deal with Eli's birthday and I sometimes feel guilty that I've been so busy planning Isaac's birthday that I haven't had time to focus on Eli. Anyway, just something to think about with that.
Whatever you decide is right for you and your husband is what is right.
Reading your story just instantly makes me feel better. I don't think I will have a problem at all with our new baby's due date being close to our baby that died. I just want to be pregnant again. I was only pregnant 6 months but I had a hard time pretty much the entire pregnancy. It's so weird but now I desperately wish to even experience the pains of being pregnant. I had horrible carpal tunnel and lupus related aches and pains. I don't even care about all of that now. I just want to be pregnant and deliver a healthy baby. It helps me to see that you got pregnant 3 months later. I'm so sorry you lost your baby Eli but elated that you delivered a precious baby.
October 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I started THINKING about it right away.

We started trying after 4 months (my doctor had said I MUST wait at least 3 since I'd been so sick while pregnant). We got pregnant on our 2nd cycle trying, so there were 5 months between delivery and conception.
I'm like you, I started thinking about getting pregnant right away. . . as I lay in the hospital with sky high blood pressure. My sweet husband is so fearful that I'll get as sick the 2nd time around but I just can't even focus on that. I think if my blood pressure is monitored more closely by a high risk doctor that we'll be just fine. I have to try. I'm so happy reading your response as well as others. It gives me hope. I know I'll be happier when I'm pregnant again. Right now I'm just incomplete and devastated.
October 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't gotten to talk to my doc yet, so I have no idea what he will say, but I want to start as soon as I can. Nothing will help me emotionally heal more than being pregnant again and getting to have a baby.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search