question about baby names

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
me and hubby are thinking about concieving again soon. the thought came up that if we had another boy that hubby wanted to name him Napoleon Isabell IIII. Our deceased son is Napoleon III. WOULD you consider doing that if you were in my situation?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
September 23rd, 2011, 05:14 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i thought about naming keeley..... by jessica's middle name but lee really didn't want to said he wanted them to have seperate names

September 23rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
noworries
We thought about using some kind of variation of Eli's name for Isaac's middle name but decided on something totally different. I wouldn't want to use the same first name but it's totally up to you guys what you want to do.
September 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Do whatever you want and makes you feel comfortable.

Matt and I had decided on the name Cora Rei before we were even engaged. When we were told that she had died, we briefly considered naming her something else, and giving another child the name Cora.

But we'd been calling her by her name for months, and we realized that she was Cora, and nobody else, and nobody else was Cora. We've given all of our children different names.

I would LOVE for one of my children to name their daughter for my Cora, either first or middle name. My mother has the middle name of a brother who died, I have the middle name of my dad's sister who died, and I gave my most recent baby the middle name of my sister who was stillborn. But I will not be naming another child Cora's name. It isn't something I would do if she hadn't died, so I think it would hurt me too much to do it.

October 10th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had thought that if this baby was a boy, we would use Carter as a middle name, but we're having a girl. I agree w/ Brittiani, you do what makes you happy.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 16th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
you are going to do what you are comfortable with - I personally wouldn't do it because hearing the name constantly would hurt me but since the new baby would be the 4th that means it is a name you hear on a more regular basis.

What about making the name still the 4th but calling the baby by the middle name rather than the first name.

I thought long and hard about using Rebecca's name in Kaitlin's middles names - but I couldn't do it, I wanted Rebecca to be her own and Kaitlin to be her own. I would be so touched if my children used their sisters name as a middle name in memory of her - I can see my oldest son doing this.

A friend used her cousin's first name that was stillborn for her son's middle name - very touching and then on his birth announcements she put "you carry the name of an angel"

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search