thinking ahead

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2011, 08:41 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am not even pregnant yet and just lost my son but it makes me feel nervous about being pregnant this time next year. I f i am far enough gone i am going to asked to be induced but what if i am not?!

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
September 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think most doctor's are pretty understanding of the fact that you've had a loss...especially since yours was full term...That would be something i'd talk about with your doctor before you got pregnant...I didn't lose my baby full term, but i'm still a nervous wreck about having another stillbirth...I'm being induced early, but not for that reason...If I didn't have another reason to be induced, I probably would of asked to be induced any way.

September 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
liza17's Avatar Regular
I really want to be induced at 36-37wks because I lost my baby at 37wks and he was 11lbs. So as soon as baby reaches 8lbs I will ask dr. to induce me. But its not easy beacuse of all the rules they go by. You have to have a medical reason to be induced. I have diabetes so if the baby gets big they will induce me.

September 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My Erin was induced at 38 weeks because Cora died at 38+1 and I told my doctor I was NOT going past that. We had long discussions about the risks of doing so, but in the end he agreed that it was probably better for both me and her to induce. My other two were delivered by another OB, but she's been willing to induce as well (though we both decided to wait to 39 weeks).

Doctors are usually good about it, and also good at giving lots of monitoring at the end too.

September 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
I am super scared about the thought of getting pregnant again, provided I would be blessed enough for it to happen. I think you find a doctor who who will listen to your EVERY concern and talks about what would be the best choices for you and baby. They have to know we will be on edge our whole pregnancy... taking each day and week as it comes. I pray we both get our miracle healthy babies and they get to come home with us forever.

Are you trying again right away? Did you use medical assistance to get pg the first time? We are pretty tapped out finacially from trying to get pg, so I pray I am blessed with a healthy natural pregnancy. I said I would NEVER get pg again in the hospital (we have a son who is almost four from an IUI) and I told myself I would be happy with one child, but as each day goes on I feel our family is just not complete. I want to try as soon as possible, as crazy as that sounds.
September 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well this is our first. i got pregnant natural but it took 6 years to do. I am trying to wait until realeased from dr since I am having blood pressure problems but we have been dtd and plan to get back to ttc as soon as possible. you are not crazy! i was in the hospital and thinking about another baby.now that's crazy huh?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 10th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pregnant now, and just had an appointment this morning. I was only at 20 weeks w/ Carter, so there isn't really a medical reason to induce me, but my OB said that we could discuss induction for my own emotional well being.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 18th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I was also thinking of having another baby while I was in the hospital waiting for my little angel but that doesn't mean you're not going to be scared about doing it again after a loss. I only lost mine 10 days ago.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search