Never saw this coming!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I haven't been able to post about this because it just hurts. My husband, our yongest boy and myself went to our daughter's gravesite the day after what would have been her due date. We knew it would be the first time that we would see her temporary plate on her grave. Her permanent one wont be placed until it is payed off. Well, I knew it would be hard to go but I wasn't expecting what we ended up seeing. They mispelled her name so badly that it is a totally different name all together!! Her name is so special to me and has so much meaning, not to mention, it was the only thing I was able to give her this side of heaven. It was crushing to see that.

We did spend some time there and our boy, he's 7, tried his best to cover up the mispelling with grass and sticks. He kept saying, "that's not her name!". We went over to the funeral home when we were done. The person that we had worked with was gone for the day so we spoke with someone else. They were very apologetic and said they would have somone call as as soon as possible. Well, it's been two weeks! Today was the second time that I have called and I am trying very hard to not be enraged!

I don't understand how this happened. We went over everything numerous times before we signed anything! Seriously, how did they screw this up? What makes matters worse is I can't stand the name that is on her grave right now. I want so badly to go out and decorate but I can't stand to look at the plate that they put up. If I don't hear anything by the end of the day I will go over there first thing in the morning and let them know that it needs to be dealt with NOW!

Truely, this hurts my heart!
March 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Sorry, I was just lurking today bc I had a friend who recently lost her child and I was looking for some advice. Everyone's angel is truely beautiful and I wish everyone comfort. As I'm reading your post I'm getting enraged myself. That is horrible. That is the worst. How could they do that>??? I would have quadruple checked everything. I'm so sorry that you had to see that. I would go down there and demand that it is fixed and wait til I got the answer as to why and have them fix it while I was there. I'm just so sorry and hope that you find some comfort in knowing that your beautiful daughter feels all the love that is in your heart for her

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
March 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
noworries
I am so sorry. I hope it gets fixed quickly.
March 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
How can they make such a mistake?! Is there anyone else who could go and deal with this for you? A friend or family member who could basically read the riot act at them and demand things are sorted out ASAP. There is no need for them to get her name wrong when it was written in black and white and all they had to do was copy it!
I'm so sorry hun, I hope it gets sorted soon xxx
March 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I spoke with someone from the funeral home Monday evening. She said that the day after we had been there she had told the groundskeeper about the problem. She said that she would go out and check the next morning and then send me a picture showing me that it had been fixed.

Yesterday she left me a message saying that it had not been fixed and that she would send me a picture first thing in the morning.

I got the picture this morning and I think the top of my head blew off. Their attempt to fix it is a joke! My daughter's first name is still incorrectly spelled and they addedd her middle initial to her last name. You can also see the imprint/residue of the letters that were pulled off and it just looks very bad.

I sent the picture to my husband and told him that I couldn't call them because I couldn't calm myself enough. He let me know that he got ahold of them and let me know that once again they apologized and said they would fix it asap.

Frankly I am disgusted by their unproffesionalism and disrespect. I just don't have the words to express how horrified I am that they have screwed this up twice! I have spent my morning crying and just feeling very hurt because someone can't take the time to show some respect. I just don't understand! You don't have to be able to probnounce a name you just need to copy letters. I don't know what to do with my anger. I'm not usually one to rant and rave but I want to drive out there and tell them just how badly this hurts!

This is not okay and their apologizes mean nothing because I'm finding it hard to believe that they care at all!
March 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I can't believe they have got it wrong for a second time! What kind of people can't copy a name? They shouldn't be dealing with grieving families if this is the kind of service they provide. I'm so sorry hun xxx
March 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
noworries
Wow, how hard is it to get her name right?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search