New here and Heaven has another angel :'(

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaidynsmum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, my name is Misty. I was due Aug 9, 2012 and was an active member of the Aug 12 DDC. On May 7, for a routine checkup for my high blood pressure, we learned that our precious little baby boy did not have a heartbeat. We went to the hospital that night and he was born 36 hours laters on May 9 at 2:17. He was a perfect little boy, he looked just like his daddy. He weighed 1lb 3 oz and was 13 inches long. We had a funeral for him on May 14; there were over 150 in attendance to support us as we told our son goodbye.

We found out 2 weeks later, that a 3rd degree placental infarction had occured, which is why he died. I have since been tested for everything under the sun, including all clotting disorders and Parvo (I didn't know people could even get Parvo). Luckily, I am healthy as a horse.

My husband and I for the most part are doing good, from the minute we learned of the fate of our son, we turned to God. God has given us strength and peace throughout this entire event.

I would still like join with other ladies who have been through this. People have said some really nice things to us, but unless you have been there, you just don't get it. I feel like I have been robbed of my pregnancy. Almost immediately though, my husband and I knew we wanted to try again. Is that weird?

We have also started writing a book. Writing in general has given us a lot of comfort and if at some point, our experiences can help someone else, then our son's death will not be in vain.

I look forward to getting to know everyone in this room, sharing stories and healing together.

God Bless you all!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
May 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
noworries
So sorry to have to welcome you here but this is a great group of ladies. We're here when you need to cry, scream, laugh.

I'm Carrie, my second child, Eli, was stillborn at 26 weeks on August 29th, 2009. My relationship with God really got me through those first really difficult months. We wanted to pregnant again right away also. And once we got the go ahead from the doctor, we started trying and got pregnant on the 2nd cycle. My son Isaac was born just 5 days shy of Eli's first birthday. His due date was actually on Eli's first birthday.
May 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank-you for the kind words. My OB said we can start trying again in 6 months. In 6 months, it will be November, and that is when I got pregnant with my little Angel. It will be so hard, going through everything at the same time as I did with this pregnancy.

God has given my husband and I incredible strength, we could have completely turned our backs on Him and each other, but instead it has brought us closer. My dh and I had an amazing marriage before, and I never imagined we could be closer, but we are. I give God ALL of the glory. I know in His time He will bless us with another baby.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
May 25th, 2012, 03:02 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Helli Misty im Claire, im sorry to have to welcome you here! its a little slow at the minute but know someone will always be around if you need.

I lost my daughter 7 years ago this coming June.

May 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to Melissa34746
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope your writing proves to be some therapy for you.

Melissa
May 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I'm so sorry to have to welcome you to our small supportive community hun. I lost my daughter Ceilidh in September 1994.
It's not weird to want to TTC straight away. Others may think it is, but unless you've been through what we have all been through, no-one can understand the yearning and need to have a baby that you can take home and watch grow up. You have a whole load of unconditional love building up inside you and no-one to shower it upon, it's perfectly normal to want another baby hun.
happywife likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had to join us here, and I am very sad about the loss of your sweet boy. You are absolutely right that, as much as they will try, nobody can begin to understand unless they've been there. Our daughter was born still in June 2008 and our son in August 2009. From the very moment they told me Eva was gone I had a burning need to get pregnant again. It felt like someone had changed something in my life without my permission, and I couldn't rest until I set it right. I hope that you get your rainbow soon, and please know that we are all here for you.

June 1st, 2012, 02:04 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious little one.

My name is Jennifer - I lost my daughter Rebecca in 2003.

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
June 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for the loss of your son....I always hate seeing new members here...I haven't been around much...I lost my daughter in October 2009 at 22 weeks 3 days.

June 11th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Hi Misty. My name is Carrie. This is my first post on this site. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I just lost my daughter, Kiersten Madalyn, 8 weeks ago at 38 weeks, 5 days. I delivered her the next day on April 17th. She was 8lbs 4oz. I went to the hospital because I didn't feel her move in the morning and they could not find the heartbeat. We still do not know the reason. My husband and I are planning to try again. We have a 4 year old son and Kiersten was our second child and first daughter. My son was really excited about becoming a big brother, so it was difficult telling him his little sister was not going to be coming home. We were counting down the days until she would be here. I hope that someday we will be able to have another baby.
June 30th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
((HUGS Carrie))

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
July 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
liza17's Avatar Regular
After I lost my boy I wanted to have another baby right away. 4wks later we started trying again but didnt get pregnant till 6 months later which were the longest 6 months of my life. And my marriage just went downhill after the loss.. My husband wanted a vasectomy and i wanted a baby so we were not on the same page.

July 19th, 2012, 04:23 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I'm Kelli. I'm so sorry about your loss of sweet Graham.
Your story really touched me because I also turned to my faith and writing after we lost our daughter at 33 weeks. No one should have to face such a tragedy, but I also believe that her LIFE was purposeful and meaningful. My biggest hope is that I can help others with her story and her life.
Also, I think it is completely natural to want another child after such a great loss. I wanted a baby in my arms almost immediately after. We waited 4 months and I am now 22 weeks pregnant with our second son.
Big HUGS to you and know that you aren't alone!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search