MISSing Angels Bill ~ We need your support

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Leilani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone. My friend sent this out and I would like to pass it on. I saw someone from NY was working on this same thing. Anyone from any state can register for this and help at the link below. Thank you.

====================

MISSing Angels Bill ~ We need your support

Stillborn still happens, even though we who it has happened too all thought it was a thing of the past. More babies are born “still” than die each year of SIDS, yet most of us are familiar with SIDS. The statistics are over-whelming. While there are about 2,500 babies who will die of SIDS this year, there will be approximately 26,000 who will be born “still”. That means 1 out of 115 births are “still”.
My daughter was born “still” on December 28th 2006 at 38 weeks and 4 days. She was a big girl, 8 lbs 10 oz and 21 in. in length, beautiful and healthy but she was born “still”. There were no obvious reasons and my pregnancy up until then was normal and healthy. But hear I am, a parent who knows how it feels to lose a child.

"The mentioning of my child’s name might make me cry. Not mentioning my child’s name will break my heart." ~ unknown
http://www.missingangelsbill.org/stchart.html

Above is a link to the MISSing Angels bill. Please register to add your name to the database so the MISS Foundation can build support for the MISSing Angels bill.
This bill is near and dear to my heart and I strongly urge your support. The bill allows for parents who give birth to stillborn babies the right to a birth certificate in the state of California. Currently 14 other states in the US recognize Stillbirth as a birth and I hope to see California become number 15 on that list. With California being the lead state for change with most issues we have not stepped up to the plate on this matter.

The desire and need for recognition is necessary for grieving parents. Mothers carry their babies the same as those who give birth to live babies, they go through labor and have to delivery the baby but yet we are denied the gift that is worth the pain. And even after all this our body’s still act as if our baby is still alive and we begin to produce milk, yet another reminder that we have an empty crib. We are given a death certificate, but denied the acknowledgment of birth. How could one die if one was never alive? How could one receive a death certificate without a birth certificate? Alive in the eye of the law is breathing air. Madison was very much alive, even though she never took a breath of air. She lived for 38 weeks and 4 days inside my womb. She moved like she was alive, yet she will only receive a death certificate. According to California she was not alive, but did in fact die.

There is nothing that can bring back Madison or any other stillborn baby, but we could at least help out those left behind with a broken hearts and empty cribs know that what they feel is real; the life lost was in deed a real life and the MISSing Angels bill will allow for that desperately needed recognition. Nothing will fix things but acknowledgment is a stepping stone to acceptance and for those of us who grieve it is a start. So please forward this email to anyone who lives in California and ask them to show their support for the MISSing Angels bill by registering and becoming a part of the database with the MISS Foundation.

Stillbirth is STILL a problem and AWARENESS is half the battle.

Acknowledgement and education are important. For those who have experienced the pain of stillbirth I want them to have the acknowledgement and recognition they deserve and for those who are pregnant to be aware and educated on what CAN happen. Chrissie, mommy to an angel said that “Stillbirth is like a dirty little secret no one wants to talk about”; which is true, no one wants to talk about stillbirth. Maybe they are afraid if it is mentioned it will actually happen, but guess what; it does happen. We need to talk about stillbirth and pregnant families need to be informed that a baby can die even in the 21st century. This is not to scare then, but spare them the same pain and suffering.

The National Stillborn Society is kicking off a Kick Campaign for education and awareness. Please forward the web site to anyone you know that is pregnant. They need to know the importance of performing kick counts and how high the risks really are. http://www.stillnomore.org/main.htm

Thank you so much for your support,
The Field Family
March 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Mom2LinaNangels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks for posting this. We are working hard in NY. We just spoke to the guy that was making it difficult to pass and I think he is gonna start helping a lil more. I will keep everyone updated.

March 18th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
please keep us updated

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search