ttc after late miscarriage

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2007, 02:27 PM
angelltn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been 4 weeks since we lost Lukas Kristopher at 19w 5d. Out of curiosity I took an HPT last week and it was negative....which is what I wanted to see (HCG level negative). Anyways, I had a feeling I was Oing last weekend, CP and CM indicated so, then the PMS and sore BBs and -HPT last week made me pretty sure of it. Yesterday morning I had some cramping that lasted about 30 minutes, then last night I was a little nauseated and today have been very tired and had some blood tinged CM. I'm wondering if it's normal for me to feel these things or if I could indeed be pg already....I'm scared to death of that thought, though I'd be thrilled at the same time. I really don't want to test unless I go 8 weeks without AF.

What was your experience with your first cycle after your loss? Do you think that I should test before 8 weeks or just wait it out? I really can't tell if I'm making myself feel these things or if I'm actually feeling them KWIM???? I know I sound crazy, I feel that way right now to be honest!!! I just need some help sorting through this.
March 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think I did that every cycle I had between my two pregnancies. Even though I was on the pill, so I was sure I *wasn't* pregnant, and I really didn't want to be (I get very very sick), I still really felt like I was.

If it were me, I would test.

Being that your body wasn't necessarily ready to have the pregnancy end (as opposed to me, where my body was prepping for labor already) I wouldn't be surprised if it's just "adjusting." It could be a while before you feel normal again.

Good luck honey!!

March 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My loss was almost full-term, so it was almost 10 weeks before I had my first af, and another five cycles before I began ovulating (we were successful with ttc on my first normal cycle, 6+ months pp).

If you o'ed and even "if" you conceived sometime around that weekend (March 3-4, right?) the baby probably wouldn't even be implanted by now, so at this point I wouldn't even be thinking pregnancy. You could expect AF anytime between now and two weeks from last weekend, depending on if you have a typical luteal phase.

I'm guessing you keep track of your fertility signs somehow... you might consider adding your basal body temperature as a positive sign of ovulation. In my situation, I was having cf, op, and other signs of ovulation, but I knew I wasn't actually o'ing because I never had a shift in temperatures.

I hope that is somewhat helpful... I know how frustrating it is! Sometimes I wish I had a built-in gauge or something foolproof to know what is going on in there.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a symptomless normal af exactly one month to the day of our loss. We only dtd once so I knew I definitely wasn't pg and the Dr. told me not to get pg, so we were safe.

I'm not sure what to tell you except follow your gut and do what is going to ease your mind.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search