What do you do on aniversaries of your babys birth?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
1st year I cried alone
2nd year I cried alone
3rd year my friends supported me and I worked

I always put a memorial in the paper for her as well.

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
April 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I haven't had an anniversary yet, but it's coming up on May 2. We're planning on going up to Jenny Lake (the lake in my siggy), where we spread her ashes on the water. I'll take some irises (I really hope mine will have bloomed by then) to float out on the water. Irises were always the flowers that we took to the cemetaries when my family went on memorial day.

And we're going to have a big picnic up there with friends.

April 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know, I haven't always been good about anniversaries and birthdays etc... (good for dh)... Part of me thinks everyday should be special. May 3rd will be Macy's angel anniversary birthday. Her first. I don't know what I will do but I would like to find a poem maybe for her daddy and grandparents and send it to them. Just something maybe in an email to share. But she is so happy and safe in heaven, I just can't stand the thought of being so sad on the day she went to live with Jesus. I would rather be sad on other days... Does that sound weird?
<div align="center"></div>
April 11th, 2007, 06:38 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
But she is so happy and safe in heaven, I just can't stand the thought of being so sad on the day she went to live with Jesus. I would rather be sad on other days... Does that sound weird?

That doesn't sound strange to me at all. As sad as I am that we lost Hope, I know she is happier than I could ever have made her.

I like the idea of doing a memorial in the newspaper. Does anybody have suggestions on how to design one?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The newspaper memorial is such a sweet idea it brings tears to my eyes. I'm not sure, but it is probably like putting a larger size add in the paper. I'm sure the paper could help with how to do it.
<div align="center"></div>
January 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
The day Noah was born sleeping, July 22 2008, is the same day that his sister has her birthday. I honestly have no idea how I will react on that day. I am almost afraid of facing that day.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
January 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone is afraid of facing the day their child passed. It's just so hard in so many ways. To have another child who you need to be "happy" for on that day is compounding the sadness.

I have a good friend whose twin daughters were born premature. Melissa died a few hours after her birth, but Ann Catherine is now 4 years old and doing great. She says that she wakes up extra early on that day to cry. She spends time writing a letter to Melissa and grieving before Ann Catherine wakes up. Then she says she tries to make the day all about Ann Catherine. They always do something as a family like releasing butterflies or balloons to remember Melissa, but otherwise the whole day is for Ann Catherine.

I don't know if that helps you in anyway. I'm sorry you can't just celebrate both your children's lives. It isn't in anyway fair!

On Bryan Luke's angelversary we bought real flowers and happy birthday balloon and put it on his grave. Then we went and purchased some books for the local NICU (where our daughter stayed after her birth) and took those up there. Then that evening we went back to the grave and our daughter released the balloon. It was a great day for us. Even through the sadness I was doing things to remember my son and help others too.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You ladies have some great ideas! Like the memorial in the paper and I have always liked the idea of releasing balloons at the grave. My immediate family members are all planning to have a small birthday celebration at his grave for his first birthday Nov. '09. I have a shelf hanging on the wall that is his memorial shelf (with my memento box) and I plan on every year buying one of the Precious Moments Birthday Train figurines. I bought the one for a newborn baby (which is a baby bear on a caboose) and then every year I will buy the number for the age he would have been. They go to 16, but nothing 17 or older. Maybe that is a good idea someone else might like to use to commemorate their baby or babies.

My pastor's wife gave us a framed guardian angel portrait so we hung that up along with the letters that spell his name we had bought for his nursery over the shelf. I also got a really cute Precious Moments figure of a baby (who looks unisex) lying asleep on a cloud with a birdie watching over him that says "Safe In The Arms Of Jesus".

Bonnie

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
January 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know yet. I was originally thinking about having a birthday party for him, but I don't know if I still feel like doing that.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
On Calypso's Birthday we had a birthday party last year. We had a balloon release and a cook out and a cake even. On her angel day I went to mass and lit her a candle and had a small dinner for her
January 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
dotcomkari's Avatar Bianca, Kai & Asia's mom
Send a message via AIM to dotcomkari Send a message via MSN to dotcomkari
Wow.. for me it has been almost 9 years, hard to believe.. it has been that much time, feels like yesterday...
but I always take flowers out to her grave.. and spend part of the day with her.. there by the lake.. I always write her a letter.. and basically.. spend the day remembering..

THANK YOU Claire for Siggy! WE LOVE IT!

Kari, Proud wife to Raymond (8.16.03) proud mommy to: Olivia Katherine ( born still 3.5.00), Bianca (12.23.03) , Kai (4.28.06) and Asia (7.14.08)

Proud Member of the :
Children With Special Needs, 2008 July Playroom, ASD Board, Stillborn Baby Board
January 9th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Gayle's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Gayle Send a message via Yahoo to Gayle
These are so beautiful ideas. I like the idea of having a "party" per say. I'm not sure what we will do since it will be our first, but I think the get together and releasing balloons for her. I have some time to prepare but it's always on my mind.

February 7th, 2009, 01:48 AM
i also like the ideas, we have a birthday cake for my son and we sing happy birthday, we go to the grave site clean hes grave and put fresh flowers on and a chocolate frog. i look in the box and read everything. it will be 10 years this august so im going to think of something special for that day.
February 9th, 2009, 06:46 PM
lilflower
I have been wondering what I'm going to do for the last week or so. This loss on the 26th of January jolted me into remembering that Noah's birthday and angelversary are coming in 2 short months. It's going to be so hard. I don't know what I'll do. He'd be one this year. It's so hard. I haven't been sleeping as well lately, because I've been thinking about it. I really like the paper idea. Maybe I'll just put an announcement in there or something. I'm sure it's not too expensive. And if it is...oh well I'll figure something out. Every month is hard when the DAY comes. The most terrible part is that my baby's birthday and angelversary is also on my wedding anniversary...how am I supposed to deal with that?
February 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Proud Momma
Quote:
The most terrible part is that my baby's birthday and angelversary is also on my wedding anniversary...how am I supposed to deal with that?[/b]
I'm so sorry =( I hope you can manage to find some happiness on that day.

I'm in a similar situation, but not quite the same. Katrina's birthday / angelversary is 4 days before my birthday and 11 days before our wedding anniversary. It's all bundled up in a span of less than 2 weeks.

I already have a poem I wrote that I'm going to put in the newspaper memorials, we'll spend some time at her grave, and basically just honour her. It'll be a day just for her!!! I like the idea of releasing balloons also.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search