Hi I'm new, Trisomy 18 robbed my baby boy

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Veteran
I am 25 weeks pregnant and got the news today that my baby has the worst case of trisomy 18. I have to go to L&D Monday to deliver him, he will be still born. Does your heart ever stop breaking. I can't even breathe without such a pain in my heart. Will it ever stop hurting. One second you are buy baby stuff, the next you are loosing you're baby. Life is cruel sometimes but I have faith in God

"We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way."
April 27th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Oh sweetie. I am so sorry this is happening to you. You are right in the midst of it all. You just need to stay strong and remember that your little boy loves you just as much as you love him. Someday you will be with him again. And please..please..HOLD him. Hold him as much as you can. It's hard, it's so hard. But you will be so thankful later that you spent as much time with your son as you could. Kiss him, cuddle him, love on him. Take lots and lots of pictures. Cherish every second you have with that boy. I know I wish I had spent more time with my daughter. It was just so hard, I barely held her but a couple times. Oh how I wish I would have held her more. You are going to be okay, you will pull through. I am hoping you have a quick and easy delivery. I took all the pain meds they would give me. Including an epi. It really helped me to get through it. Keep your chin up. And please please update us as soon as you feel up to it.

Oh, and I forgot to say...I love love love that quote. Do you know where it is from?? I've never heard it before.

April 27th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Catherine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so very sorry. I wish I could be there to hold your hand and lend you strength through all of this.

I would like to suggest that you visit
http://nilmdts.org/
to find a professional photographer in your area to come and take pictures for you. It is a free service and it will leave you with beautiful memories...even in the midst of all this pain.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
April 27th, 2007, 02:07 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I am so sorry you are going through this. Please keep in touch to let us know how you are doing. You have a long weekend ahead of you, and I wish I had words to make it better. God bless you..

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 27th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to kanewton1225 Send a message via Yahoo to kanewton1225
I am so sorry honey. I know how hard it is to wait the arrival of your baby knowing that you won't be able to bring him home. I can tell you one thing that I wish I would have done, is got someone to go home and got an outfit and some of his things to send with him. I had no idea at the time that I would have been permitted to dress and bathe him and how I wish I would have. Like the other ladies said take lots of pictures, pictures of his fingers and toes, pictures of you together, you will cherish them for a lifetime. I also kept something special of his (a stuffed bunny that the hospital gave him) to give to a future child. God Bless you in this terrible time, you will need all the support you can get so don't be shy! (((HUGS)))
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"></div>
April 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, you poor sweet lady. I am so very sorry. My heart just breaks in two for you. You keep that faith in our Lord and He will see you through this. I had to beg him over and over to help me and take my pain from me because I just could not do it on my own. I just had to give my life over to Him completely. He is the most faithful and strong and He will see you through this. If I could hug you, I would. Bless you in your time of sorrow and need. I will pray you find strength in God and your family and your friends. Please take all the advice the ladies gave and accept all the help you can get. It's a really insane feeling to go through something like this but you will get through it.
Hugs, prayers and love to you.
April 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM
MyAngelHayden's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MyAngelHayden Send a message via Yahoo to MyAngelHayden
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know all too well the pain you are enduring. I was induced when I was 23 weeks pregnant with my daughter, she was born stillborn. I had to deal with waiting as well. I waited one week before I was induced, Hayden had passed away while I was pregnant and we found out through u/s. I will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. I am so sorry again. Take Care. (((((HUGS)))))) If you ever want to talk, please feel free to e-mail me Baby_Hayden@yahoo.com

Heather

*Hayden's Memorial Myspace*

</div>
April 30th, 2007, 01:27 PM
dydy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a similar experiance as you, i had a baby with anencyphaly . the pain does not go away but i promis you it gets bearable as time goes by. It is normal to feel pain and be sad , but stay stong and may god be with you.
There were times when i asked why me , but they i realised why not me.
This december i got blessed with a beautyfull healthy baby girl and it makes me appreciate her more ., although i still think of the baby i lost.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search