Today is a hard day...

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM
Veteran
Today I would have been 24 weeks. Which is where my Dr. told me I had to "at least" make it to. I only made it 1 day shy of 21 weeks. Today is that day where I begin questioning. Why couldn't I have held out at least until now. This three weeks has flown by so quickly making it even harder because I realize now how short 3 weeks really is.

I know theres nothing I could have done to make it happen or to prevent it. Truthfully though, I'm sick of hearing that. (no offense to anyone here) Why couldn't something have been done to prevent it? I think that there were ways and it could have been stopped before it got that far, but my Dr. did nothing. Maybe I need a new Dr. or maybe he'd never handled a case llike mine before and now he has and has learned from it for future cases. Who knows who cares I want my Keelie.
May 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I know the feeling. Not the "making it 3 more weeks" bit, but Cora died because she had the cord wrapped around her neck twice, and a short cord besides, so that when she dropped it cut off circulation.

If we had done an ultrasound...we could have known she was wrapped.

If I had gone to the ER that night when I felt that foreboding feeling like a coworker suggested...

*sigh* Don't you hate unanswerable questions?

I wish it didn't have to end the way it did for us!

May 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now that you know the chorioblah blah blah (I had it too) diagnosis, I don't think anything could have been done.

I was told that with that kind of infection, the only treatment is delivery or it can kill the mother because of the internal infection. Antibiotics I don't think can fix it.

I often wonder if my Dr. suspected it was happening, but did not want to say anything because it was terminal in any case so it would have happened regardless of treatment. From the research I did, I didn't see anywhere where there was a survival of the baby. My Dr. knew I would never do anything like an elective termination so maybe he just let nature take its painful course.

Wow, this is so painful to put into words...deep breath....
<div align="center"></div>
May 2nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Ah, It's just so unfair. And there's so many what-ifs! What if! What if! I play the What If game daily!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search