My first pic..

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Well again this is the second year approaching.
When I had my ultrasound is when we found out the baby died. It seems wierd to some but. I finally got an image of the baby TODAY. They had never given me a picture from the ultrasound. Finally I worked up the nerve to ask. Sure enough I have one.

The picture is so sweet, you really can't see anything, the body and spine, and it looks like the back of the head. It looks like a baby sleeping.

I also have a question. Does anyone know is there a mostly likely cenereo (sp?) were you are 23 weeks pregnant and the baby is measuring 18 weeks. What is the "the baby mostly likely stopped growing because.." reason? The baby was still alive at 21 weeks. I can't find anything, I am terrible at surfing the web.
Thanks
May 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry about your loss. 2 years? Does it get any easier? Or are certain dates always still really hard?
That is great that you got the picture. I am trying to get my dr. to give me all of my pics too because I know they have some of the better ones.
My baby measured perfectly on the 22 week u/s and then at the 27 week one is when we found out the baby had died. She was only measuring about 23 weeks. Unfortunately they told me that she had died earlier in the same week but that she quit growing at some point. Also they said that after the baby dies, they actually shrink up. (I know that sounds horrible, but that is how they described it to me). So I have been surfing the web like you mentioned to find out "why" she might have stopped growing. What I came up with, is if she had died around 26 weeks and got smaller, then she would have been about the size of a 25 week old, but she was only measuring 23 weeks, so she had to stop growing around 24/25 weeks. The only thing that came up was blood clotting disorders-causes nutrients to not get to the baby. Also placenta or cord problems. Tears in the cord (pre-e) can cause this also will keep nutrients from getting to baby. Basically there isn't any real reasons, just theories. Sorry couldn't help much.

May 15th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Intrauterine Growth Restriction: What Is It and How Can It Affect My Baby

What causes IUGR?
"There are many causes," says Robert Resnik, M.D., of the University of California, San Diego School of Reproductive Medicine. "It occurs in 3 to 5% of pregnancies. Maternal hypertension [high blood pressure] is one of the most common identifiable causes. Smoking will decrease birth rate, as will recreational drug use. Placental disorders and multiple births can also be causes."

Additional factors include alcohol use, taking certain prescription medications, having include having chronic kidney disease, low amniotic fluid,1 malnutrition, anemia, infection,4 or advanced diabetes, heart or respiratory disease. A fetus may also grow slowly because of birth defects or chromosomal abnormalities.2

When does IUGR occur?
IUGR can occur anytime in pregnancy. If early in the pregnancy (before 32 weeks), it's often due to chromosomal abnormalities, maternal disease or problems with the placenta. Later in the pregnancy, it is often related to other problems.2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't the whole article but the one that came the closest in my case. My Dr. never did any testing, I wish he had. Im sure I will never know why exactly but sometimes I am curious if it was something I did or a fluke or medical.
-----------

Does it get better, I have learned to live with it better. I also had my son, He was born in april, 2004. i got pregnant in january was due Oct 5 2005. so at his first birthday everything was still A-OK. The babies anniversary is June 9th. Right after that I was still sad and angry but I tried to get on with life. Because I did that when the babies due date approached in Oct I was pretty useless. I tried not to be a bad mother to my son, I did what I had to take care of him. Then I got pregnant in January again, babies due date was October 4. I think honestly I was good until after my daughter was born in Sept.
I just didn't know what to do, not everyone was supportive, I felt strange telling people my feelings. I did talk with my Mom she changed the subject a lot but she did listen for the little part of what I had to say. That always make hard.
If you don't have any other childrn to care for, my advice is to... Be Selfish in taking all the time you need. And take that time, if you don't, you will eventually (maybe) have a break down like I did. Thats why you will see a lot I am going to give the advice to embrace everysingle emotion you have.

I am not very good at trying to say what I mean and feel so if this sounds completely ridiculous sorry.
It does get easier with time, but try and not rush the time. It will come soon enough. Just besure to do as much as you can for the baby. I didn't have much and was rushed through having the baby taken from me and most of my grief is anger and regret.
As you can see 2 years later I get a picture. Get those pictures from the Dr. let them know, that you know you can have them. Make sure you get ALL that you want.
May 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Veteran
I was 24 weeks and my baby was measuring at 19. They recomemded an Amnio right away. The baby had whats called Triploidy syndrome. Its when a fetus had 69 instead of 46 chromosomes. It happens rarely and almost always ends in miscarriage. But sometimes the baby lives longer. Triploidy is lethal. My baby died in utero and I delievered him through natural childbirth. Its the hardest thing I've ever gone through. Another cause could be Interuterine Growth Restriction. There are several causes, but alot of the times the baby is healthy.
I hope that helps
May 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
MyAngelHayden's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MyAngelHayden Send a message via Yahoo to MyAngelHayden
Quote:
Well again this is the second year approaching.
When I had my ultrasound is when we found out the baby died. It seems wierd to some but. I finally got an image of the baby TODAY. They had never given me a picture from the ultrasound. Finally I worked up the nerve to ask. Sure enough I have one.

The picture is so sweet, you really can't see anything, the body and spine, and it looks like the back of the head. It looks like a baby sleeping.

I also have a question. Does anyone know is there a mostly likely cenereo (sp?) were you are 23 weeks pregnant and the baby is measuring 18 weeks. What is the "the baby mostly likely stopped growing because.." reason? The baby was still alive at 21 weeks. I can't find anything, I am terrible at surfing the web.
Thanks[/b]
<span style="font-family:Tahoma">
First off I am sorry the second year is approaching.

Secondly, WOW! Our losses are so similar. I found out through u/s that my daughter no longer had a heart beat, I was 22 weeks at the time. I also found out that she had stopped growing at 19 weeks. I know though for a fact that she was alive at 21 weeks cus I felt her moving and I carried her for 23 weeks. The cause of her passing is unknown. We had tests done including an autopsy and all came back normal. I am not a doctor and I don't want to put any ideas into your head but this is what I believe happened with my daughter. I think that since I just started feeling her moving around that she compressed her cord or something along those lines. The doctors say the umbilical cord was perfect. After I lost her I thought with all my heart that it was something wrong with the umbilical cord and I still feel very strong about that. If you ever wanna chat I am here, you can PM me or e-mail me.. Thedoors_hd@yahoo.com

~Heather
</span>

*Hayden's Memorial Myspace*

</div>
May 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't be of much help. I had an infection in my amniotic fluid which caused the placenta to tear off of the uterus and caused a fever etc... My Dr. did testing to find all that out.

I am so happy for you that you got a picture of your little angel. You will cherish that forever I am sure.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search