Just wondering

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Veteran
Ive never had a stillborn, but I was wondering if you knew in advance or not that your child would be still born? and also how much the burial services cost?

May 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I knew in advance. I went into the Dr's office May 1 because I couldn't get her to move, and we confirmed she no longer had a heartbeat. I was induced the next morning.

As far as services, we found a funeral home that would do the actual embalming/cremation for free. So the cost that fell to us was the casket/plot/headstone for a burial, or an urn for a cremation. We chose to cremate, and the urn only cost us $40. Cremation just seemed the better choice for us.

I don't remember the cost if we had decided on a burial, except that the casket was going to be from $350-$500 itself. We just didn't have the money (and we're only in this area until DH graduates, so we were going to be moving, and I couldn't handle the idea of leaving her here).

Why do you ask?

May 22nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
redtiph83's Avatar Member
I was 6 months pregnant when I delivered my still birth. All other visits were fine, it was just something that happened in between visits, thats when my baby passed.... I didn't have a funeral. I have ( actually my pastor's wife) the box with his clothes and finger and foot prints in it.
May 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
we knew that jessica had passed i was 24 weeks pregnant when she just suddenly stopped moving luckily i had a routine antenatal the same day as i was worried i had to wait for 2 days to be induced....
the hospital paid for the service we only had the flowers to pay for.....

May 22nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I knew Ceilidh would either be born still or die shortly after birth when I was 17 weeks pregnant as that's when I found out she had anencephaly.
Our costs were paid for by the funeral home. We only paid for flowers and the burial plot.
May 22nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My baby moved a lot and then around 23 weeks the movements weren't as strong. I saw the dr. the following week and there was still a heartbeat. I still felt something was wrong, but with this being my first pregnancy I didn't know any better. Then 25 weeks and 26 weeks and still not much movements but there was still a healthy heartbeat, then all of a sudden at our 27 week u/s found out there was no heartbeat.

Cremation cost $65, burial would have cost about $250 or more. We had to have her cremated.

May 22nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In my case, baby was still moving and alive until right before I delivered her. My placenta detached from infection so I went into labor. I did not know I was going to lose her until the Dr. told us in the ER. She was only 17 weeks along so there was no way to save her.
The funeral home paid for her cremation and took care of everything. The urn I bought was $150 and the cross necklace that holds more of her ashes cost about $100.
<div align="center"></div>
May 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
In my case I found out my child was sick at my fetal work-up u/s. After more test I was told she would most likely not make it to a live birth. So I knew she was going to pass. As for the funeral cost I really don't know. Thankfully my father paid for that. I do know that at this funeral home we used that infants get a free service. My father had to pay for the casket and plot.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

May 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
She stopped moving, and two days later I went to the ER to have an ultrasound. When her death was confirmed I went home and waited to go into labor. She was born two days after that.

We were not charged by the funeral home; we paid $150 for her casket, $100 burial fee, and her grave stone was about $400.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 25th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I did not know my baby was going to die, I found out at the u/s, my biggest worry was they weren't going to be able to determine the sex. Foolish me.

I paid for everything, I knew I wanted the baby cremated so I paid for the cost, the urn, funeral charges. I did get a discount because my grandmother in law had just passed one month before the baby. Otherwise The other places called would have charged us full price for everything. I remember it wasn't as much as I had thought it would be.
May 25th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Can I ask why your asking?
June 4th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Can I ask why your asking?[/b]

I was just wondering.. I couldnt immage what it would be like.. I have premmies twins (they were 2.5 months early) they were very close to death.. but I never really thought they could REALLY die..When we were tryn to pick names, a ladie a restraunt was talkn to us and I said i wanted same sound.. Autumn and Austin.. and she said well what if one doesnt make it.. I was like how could she even say that too me.. Even if she/he didnt make "it" they would have always been my child!!! I guess she doesnt understand how that could have hurt me.. I was just wondering I mean we got everything we needed from the Shower. I dont know how we would have done it.. Im so glad there is a place like this board for everyone to give support..

June 4th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I'll say a little prayer for your twins. I would go with names that made you happy. I never understood ppl insistance to bring others down in the moment.
June 4th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm glad your babies are happy and healthy. It always amazes me how cruel people can be without realizing it.

My baby was due May 11, 2007. On May 8 he stopped moving. I had an ultrasound to confirm that he was gone and was induced the next morning. He was stillborn on May 10, the day before his due date. The cord was wrapped around his neck.

A local funeral home cremates infants at no charge and provides little silver hearts to hold the remains. Our only cost was for a memorial service.

My baby's webpage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search