Calgary Area Support

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Regular
Firstly, I want to say how sorry I am to hear of everyone's loss. To have all these beautiful wanted babies leave us, is just horrible.

My name is Diane. I am 33 years old and I am from Calgary.
My son Zackery, our first child, was stillborn May 3, 2003 at 39 weeks due to unknown causes. I now believe I had pre-e with a spike in blood pressure as the only symptom. I had a text book pregnancy otherwise with the exception of some edema earlier on in the pregnancy.

I won't go into my birth story for Zackery, unless someone wants to hear it but I am just wanting to offer some support. I have since gone on to have 2 beautiful daughters with my oldest Natalia born just 15 months after losing Zackery and Anya was born a year ago September. It wasn't easy for Natalia nor was it easy for Anya.

Now that 4 years have gone by and I have 2 daughters at home, I am feeling the need to get out into the pregnancy loss community to help others out.

For those of you in the Calgary area....
Caring Beyond offers peer support to parents who have lost a baby due to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth, neonatal death and poor prenatal diagnosis. We believe all losses to be equal regardless of circumstance or gestation. All of these babies were loved and wanted.

Parents considering a subsequent pregnancy are also offered reassurance and support.

PARENT SUPPORT GROUP

Monthly meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month

at the
Chapel of the
Women’s Health Centre

7:30 to 9:30 p.m.

September through to June
* December Annual Candlelight Service at the
Alberta Children’s Hospital.

Each month an invited guest speaker will discuss a pregnancy loss/grief related topic followed by group discussion; parents may participate as desired – to share or just to listen

As we do not have child care facilities, please make alternative arrangements for your children.

TELEPHONE SUPPORT

**294-1131**
This is a voice mail service

Do you like to scrapbook and want to scrapbook your baby? There is a loss scrapbooking group that meets once a month. No matter what gestation your baby was lost, it is a place where you do not have to worry about others seeing pictures of your baby. All you need to bring is your photos and album. Supplies, kleenex and ideas will be freely supplied.
The scrapbooking is the 3rd Wednesday of the month starting in September. It is from 7 pm to 9 pm in the Women's health Centre beside the Foothills Hospital in room 262. 1441 29th Street NW.
You can call 944-2274 or 294-1131 if you need anymore information.

I have been several times and really enjoy the ability to be able to talk about my son and not having to feel weird about it. It is also great that I don't have to worry about people seeing his picture and not being weird about it as well.
It is also great that everything is supplied for you to use.
I don't know when your loss was but even if it was early in the pregnancy, they are able to show you how you can make a scrapbook to commemorate a baby that you didn't know the sex for.
If you know anyone else in Calgary that might be interested in either the scrapbooking group or the Caring beyond group, you can either pass on my name to them to msg or you can pass the information on to them.

I am so sorry for all your losses but I do hope you to see you out to the groups!
August 30th, 2007, 01:54 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hello and welcome to the stillbirth forum....im so sorry for your loss.....and thank you for you support...look forward to get to know u ...hugs and kisses

i lost my little girl...at 24 weeks due to a cord accident....i have also had a early loss a mm/c and im currently pregnant at the moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search