My story

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM
BabycakesDes's Avatar Member
I had an IUD put in in July of 2004, andI had discovered that my IUD had slipped at the end of January 2005, and the Drs removed it. They had told me then that they did not think I was pregnant. Low and behold a week later when my period never showed I took a test and I was in fact pregnant. It was a total shock to the system as I had a 9 month old baby girl as it was, and was not expecting to get pregnant. They had done several scans in the beginning just to make sure things were as they seemed. and everything was great. I had had an u/s at 10 weeks, 14 weeks(these were to check that things were going ok, never to check size) and then my sons demise at 22 weeks. Everything seemed as it should until that point. This was supposed to be a routine U/S to check that he was growing on target and to see what his gender was, but in an instant my world fell apart.

There are no words to express the feelings that come over you when you are at a routine exam while pregnant and you hear the 4 little words that change yuor world, "there is no heartbeat." I had my husband and 2 older daughters there with me when we had our scan, and to the naked eye everything looked normal. But there was no heartbeat. As I am my husband sat there and cried together, my daughters trying to figure out what had happened, and what was wrong with mommy, they moved us to another room where they let us react to the devistating news that our child had died.

A while later the Dr came in and told us that the only thing that can be done at this point would be to induce labor and deliver the baby. I was mortified. How can they expect a mother to have a child in that manor? I knew it had to be done, but the reality was just horrible. He asked when I would like to do it, and I said "now". He seemed suprised to this factor bcause most women wanted to wait a couple days and let reality soak in. But my thought was how can I keep my child in this safe haven where he is not so safe anymore? So I went to the hospital to deliver my child.

After the chaplin came in and we prayed for my child, I was set up in bed, and then all of the sudden I swore I felt movement from my child. It seemed so real that I refused to let them start the induction without an ultrasound to confirm my worst dreams. Although this had been done in the Drs office as well, I needed the reassurance that this was the only thing left to do. After the ultrasound and it was confirmed that my child had in fact died, they started the induction at 8PM Wed, May 25, 2005. They hooked me straight up to a self administered morphine drip, which I never used. If I had to have my child, at least I was going to have the labor as memories.

At 5AM Thurs, May 26, 2005 I felt I needed to go to the bathroom, but was afraid to get up. Afraid that I was going to drop my child on the floor. I finally called the nurse at 545AM and she helped me get out of bed, and that was when we noticed that I had bled out a lot in the night, and I was pouring out blood at that time as well. She helped me get cleaned up before going to the bathroom and I finally got to go at about 610AM. I sat and felt something drop, I swore it was my child, but luckily it was not. I made it back to bed when I felt another contraction and a sudden burst, my water had broken. It was iminent now that my child would be here soon. The Dr was just at the desk and he came in, and had me lay down, and I didnt want to put up my legs, I wanted to keep my child within me where he was supposed to be. Reluctantly I did it anyway and in a matter of only a split second my child fell lifelessly from my body. It was a moment I will never forget. He was born at 635AM on May 26, 2005. Weighing a very tiny 3.1 ounces and was 9.5 inches long.

He was a perfect child in every way that mattered. The cause of death was determined at the time of delivery, his cord was knotted around his neck twice and his left arom once. It almost looked like he was trying to pull himself out of his cord, but it just kept pulling it tighter and tighter until he could breathe no more.
DD~Abbygail 4-17-04
DS~Matthew 4-24-06
My dear Angels
Alan Robert~Born Still 22 weeks on May 26, 2005
Nevaeh Rene'e~Matthew's twin sister lost at 6wks 3 days on Sept 10, 2005

October 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Des I'm glad you've come here but so sorry you have to search out loss forums at all
October 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks Melissa (((((HUGS)))))
DD~Abbygail 4-17-04
DS~Matthew 4-24-06
My dear Angels

October 16th, 2007, 11:51 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
oh hunnie i just read your story and i could have written it myself im so sorry for your loss i went for a routine antenatal at 24 weeks with my daughter they tried and tried to find a heartbeat with a dpoppler and they couldnt after what felt like forever they told me id have to go to the hospital so they could investigate ...anyway i got there and again another midwife tried and tried to find a heartbeat i was scared beyong belief by then...so they rushed me round for a scan i lay there for what seemed forever again...not daring to think...then they cam then horrible 4 words there is no heartbeat....i think i went into shock i douldnt believe what id just heard!!

i gave birth to jessica robin on june 17th 05 at 1.05pm after 1 hour of induced labor she weighed 1lb 6oz and she also had the cord wrapped round her neck twice...we didnt ned a post mortom..... i was 24 weeks pregnant .

im so sorry for your loss hun you are in my thoughts x

when you feel ready i would love to see a picture of your beautiful angel x

love and hugs claire x

October 17th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Oh my word girl. I am so sorry. I wish none of us ever had to go through this. Jessica was born just 2 weeks after Alan was, and you were 3 weeks further along when you delivered than I was, we were really close in our pregnancies, that is so sad Many many prayers for you all and your new pregnancy. If you need anything let me know, i don't know if you have had a pregnancy since your loss, and in my instance, it was not easy. We will be praying for you hun!

Just wanted to add too that I did post his pictures in the picture thread.
DD~Abbygail 4-17-04
DS~Matthew 4-24-06
My dear Angels

October 17th, 2007, 01:20 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i have 4 older kids then jessica then i had a mm/c last year....im 11 weeks pregnant now and very scared im on edge all day everyday....im going for a reasurance scan tomorrow to see if all is well im like this now...i cant imagine the next 6 months i appreciate it im sure ill be here asking your advice for the next 6 months....ill pop over and take a peep and precious alan x

love claire x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search