Hello I am new to this board (introduction)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2007, 09:48 AM
LRAINYB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LRAINYB
Hello My name is Lorraine. I live in Brick, NJ. I have 4 children. 1 angel daughter Alexis Taylor (June 4, 1998) who I lost 9 years ago. I also have Rayna (October 21,1999) who is going to be 8 on Sunday, JB (August 30, 2002) who is 5, and I have Madison (June 24, 2007) who will be 4 months on the 24th.
I have a blood clotting disorder called antiphospholipid syndrome. I had to be a Fragmin shots (low molecular heprin) and baby aspirin everyday, blood tests every 10-14 days, sonogram every month. We thought it was a cord accident but after a simple blood test on me we made a diagnoses. After the loss I went to a high risk doctor who is a well known doctor here in Monmouth and Ocean County here in NJ. He is a wonderful docor I don't know what I would have done if we didn't find him. He delivered 2 of my 3 kids. My regular OBGYN delivered Maddie. But I saw the high risk dr. Every month, I went to the high risk dr only with Rayna and JB, but I thought I was done so I decided to get a regular OBGYN. Well when I became pregnant with her I asked to see the high risk dr also. So I saw both. But I am done now I had my tubes tied. We decided to give Maddie Alexis' name as her middle name to honor her. And they share the same birthday month (June) and they both have a 4 in their birthday. Alexis is 6/4 and Maddie is 6/24. ok before I start crying, DH saw me writting about this after I told him what today was and he had to walk away. He has a hard time with this. Even 9 years later. I mean it never goes away it bothers me too but it hits him more. Here is her picture.

October 16th, 2007, 10:47 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry to have to welcome you to this forum im a co host here and whenever you need to talk im here i lost my daughter in june 05 she was born sleeping.....so sorry for your loss x

October 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Thank you letting me share my story
October 16th, 2007, 10:57 AM
~ Liz ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~ Liz ~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Liz ~
Lorraine, it's nice to meet you although I hate to welcome ANYONE here

I am Elizabeth, the host of this board. My angel is Elijah, born 11-29-03 at 39 wks. He was 6 lbs, 15 oz / 19.5 in. His death was caused by two things = severe preeclampsia without classic symptoms and when he "dropped", his head was pressing against his cord, killing him 2.5 minutes before he was delievered via emergency cesarean.

I have had four pregnancies since. We lost identical twins in 04 due to premature labor. In 2005 we had our beautiful baby girl, Kaitlyn, who will be two next month In 2007 we had our other beautiful baby girl, Emily, who will be 1 in January And we're preggo again, hoping for a boy!

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL May I ask, how far along were you? What were her birth stats? She is absolutely gorgeous!

And your other children are all beautiful as well!

Welcome to this board. We're all here for each other
October 16th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hello Elizabeth. Sorry to hear about your losses. Congratulations for your recent pregnancy. I forgot to post Alex's stats. OK she was 7 lb and 19 inches. She was born on her due date (40 weeks excactly). I had no movement that whole day I thought mabe she was just getting ready to come and she was just relaxing. So I decided to go to l&d. Well my worst fear came. They gave me a choice eithergo home and go into labor or get induced. I choose get induced.
I had her creamated and have her in a memory box along with the hospital pictures in my closet. I wish I could leave her out but my husband has a difficult time with it. My kids know about her and what I had to do in order to have them. They have seen her pictures and they always talk about her.
October 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
~ Liz ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~ Liz ~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Liz ~
We had Elijah cremated, too, and he's also in a small box that was my moms. I keep it in my room... I wish that I had the option to have his hospital pictures taken. My parents took pictures but by then he'd been gone for a few days so his lips were dark and his face was splotchy, therefore I don't know what he looked like as a NEWBORN, know what I mean? I did have a couple of his pictures edited which gives me a better idea of what he looked like They're on my myspace page if you have that: elizabeth2g my name there...

October 16th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I'm so sorry to have to welcome you here.

I'm Yvonne and I lost my first daughter Ceilidh to anencephaly at 42 weeks in 1994. I have three other daughters (Elijah -11, Rheiya -9 & Jaidyn -nearly 15 months) and a son Lucas who'll be 7 on Saturday.

This board can be quiet sometimes, but we're never far away xxx
October 16th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You already know me, but I thought I'd say hi here. We opted for cremation as well, but we spread her ashes out on the water of Jenny Lake in the Grand Teton Mountains (in Wyoming). The little urn is now full of gravel rocks from the beach of the lake, so we will always have part of the lake with us.

Interesting how many of us decided on cremation.

Anyway, I'm glad you finally made your way here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search