My son was stillborn at 37 weeks

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
tinkymom3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tinkymom3 Send a message via Yahoo to tinkymom3
Hello Ladies ((hugs))

My name is Stephanie....Jennifer( rebecca's mommy knows me) I lost my first and only child at the time to Stillbirth, he was 37 weeks and weighed in 5lbs 140z 19inches..... He looked so much like Daddy but had some of my features in him, so the best of both worlds right..... When Noah was born there was no known cause as to why he passed, I did not get an autposy done because I did not want them to touch him, not after what i had been through with that hospital anyway.... The only thing my Dr could see was the my placenta aged faster than it was supposed to, it was very small, grey in color, not very meaty and spongy like it should have been.. They explained it to me like this... That it's like a battery in a clock... you put the batteries in and all is well, then slowly the battery starts to die down and slowly the clock ticks until it just stops, thats what my placenta did.. they call it placental aging..... My son was so perfect, nothing was wrong with him.... then when i went on to have Noah's little brother they said I was high risk and did every testing on me at this point.... I was in and out of the hospital with Noah with pre term labor, my body and Noah knew it was time to come out, but the Dr's failed to see that my placenta was dying and that Noah was telling them, they just said I was eager to have my child and that all will be well **tears** anyway they ran tests on me with Noah's little brother and at this time I was seeing a new dr and he was wonderful, gosh was he... anyway he said all tests came back great except for the parvo virus one.. I said wait that runs in animals (mind you never heard of it in humans) he said no this is a human parvo, also known as the fifth disease and slap cheek..... I started to cry like what in the hack.. he said my percentages with Noah's little brother are low and that he is for certain I had it with Noah... I cried harder... I asked how do you get this and he said it's air born, can walk by someone who has it and they sneeze and there you go, well at the time I was working at a daycare and that is where I picked it up from.... anway I asked if that is what took Noah from me, he said "yes it very well could have" The parvo virus is dangerous in unborn babies, not to tolddlers or infant or adults, but unborn children as it causes anemia etc... I started to put 2 and 2 together and I was very anemic with Noah that they told me to take 2 iron pills everyday and eat lots of red meat..... Parvo can also affect the placenta and babies heart rate, it's then that I knew that is what took Noah... I can not be certain because tests were not run on him, but I'm telling you in my heart I feel it was that but I just say unknown because who really knows, maybe The original Noah was to old to do his job and he needed a new Noah to take his place and he had to pick that very special one, and he did, my Noah Allen....

I would like to welcome you all here, and please if you would like to meet Noah and rwad more, you may visit his website at www.thegraybabies.com
November 25th, 2007, 06:21 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss!! I love the picture you have of little Noah though. He is beautiful!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry for your loss!! I love the picture you have of little Noah though. He is beautiful![/b]
Thank you so much, I too am so sorry for your loss, Bryan is such a cuttie pie... I'm here if and when you ever need to talk ((hugs))
November 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
**hugs** I am sorry for your loss. I am in my 6th week since my son was born still. I don't have much advice because it is new to me, but I am here if you ever need to talk. We know what you are going thru. <3

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

November 25th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Quote:
**hugs** I am sorry for your loss. I am in my 6th week since my son was born still. I don't have much advice because it is new to me, but I am here if you ever need to talk. We know what you are going thru. <3[/b]
"O" sweetie your son is so perfect!!!! I love his tag, I would love one made like that with Noah's prints showing as well, how precious...... Your so new to all this pain and my heart is aching for you ((hugs)) no parent should be going through this, we should never have to burry our babies before they burry us
November 26th, 2007, 02:04 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hello hun...id just like to welcome you to the i hate this word stillbirth forum.....im so sorry for the loss of little noah...a very cute name for a very cute angel......im claire co host of this board.....i lost my little girl in june 05 due to a cord accident and not a day goes by i dont wish she was here.....im now pregnant again with my last baby and wishing i could enjoy my last time pregnant but im just so scared emotions running more than high i get upset almost everytime i feel the baby move..and what scares me so much is that if it happens again i will have to go throu giving birth and that was the hardest thing in my life i have ever had to do.....
I too am here when u need me to be ...so sorry. x

November 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Quote:
hello hun...id just like to welcome you to the i hate this word stillbirth forum.....im so sorry for the loss of little noah...a very cute name for a very cute angel......im claire co host of this board.....i lost my little girl in june 05 due to a cord accident and not a day goes by i dont wish she was here.....im now pregnant again with my last baby and wishing i could enjoy my last time pregnant but im just so scared emotions running more than high i get upset almost everytime i feel the baby move..and what scares me so much is that if it happens again i will have to go throu giving birth and that was the hardest thing in my life i have ever had to do.....
I too am here when u need me to be ...so sorry. x[/b]
"O" sweetie thank you so much for the warm welcome....... I'm so very sorry for your loss, I can not even begin to tell you just how my heart is breaking as you know it all to well..... You know after I lost Noah I got pregnant with his little brother, here is the link to his website... go to his story page and it will tell a little of how I felt that day I found out I was pregnant with his little brother.... I have read his sotry a million times and it seems as if each time I read it, there is small details I left out, one day I will have to sit and go through it all over again just to make sure I get all detail in there, but for now it's ok as it tells the most important part anyway www.thegraybabies.com
November 27th, 2007, 03:28 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi Stephanie, {{{hugs}}} and welcome. You have a beautiful family. Our sixth baby, Hope, was stillborn at 36 weeks in July of 2006.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 27th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Hi Stephanie, {{{hugs}}} and welcome. You have a beautiful family. Our sixth baby, Hope, was stillborn at 36 weeks in July of 2006.[/b]
thank you so much for the welcome and I'm so sorry about your loss as well
November 27th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It's always sad to welcome someone new here. I hate that this had to happen to any of us.

I'm Brittanie. I lost my Cora at 38 weeks to a cord accident (May 2, 2006). I've since had a healthy baby girl, Erin, who is almost 6 months old.

Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you here.

November 27th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Thank you so much sweetie and ((hugs)) to you.. your little one is so precious.... her and I share the same birthday! Your earth angel is a heart breaker, CINGRATS to you sweetie
December 28th, 2007, 08:00 AM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. He is an adorable angel.

December 31st, 2007, 05:35 PM
Mom2LinaNangels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Steph. I have been on this site for a while now. Wanted to say welcome and have a Happy new year!

December 31st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Noah is just beautiful. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hate popping in here to see new faces and read new tragic stories. I'm Lynne and I lost Macy at 17 weeks due to an amniotic infection. She was born perfect in every way and I miss her each and every day. The holidays are hard. I pray you are coping and I am glad you found JM. There are so many loving wonderful women here. I also have two beautiful little ones, Owen is 3 and a half and Jordan is 7 months. Welcome.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search