Please Help

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
My heart is breaking as I am asking for help. I attend a mommies group called MOPS and one of my friends in the group just found out that she lost her baby at 21 weeks. I have never been here before, I want to be as sensetive as possible but I have no idea what to say or do, please, any advice

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
December 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what to tell you. I lost my baby and still don't know what I like to hear. If I had a friend that was going thru this, I would say, "I am so sorry about your loss. If you ever need to talk I am here for you. If you ever need anything, I am here for you, so don't be afraid."

I would also maybe make dinner a few times for her and her DH and other kids (if she has them).

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 13th, 2007, 11:22 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i know its hard hunnie please pass on my condolences....maybe you dont need to say anything just let her know you are there for her no matter what....like leann says i dont know what i wanted saying to me...and i know that alot of people avoided me and talked about me behind my back and that hurt the most.....just give her a hug and let her/ her dh cry and talk about there angel that really helps me.....hope this helps hun x

December 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also wanted to say that the best thing is to just be there for her when she is ready. I pushed people away at first, a few weeks later is when i really needed a friend. It is nice to just know that people care. You might tell her to visit us here on the board because it is easier talking to other mommies that have been through this. And the only thing to really say is "i am so sorry for your loss". It is also good to let her know that you dont know what she is going through. I had people trying to relate a mc to my loss and it infuriated me.

December 15th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had that same problem, people were acting like I misscarried. I have been thru a m/c and it doesn't hold a candle to a stillbirth IMO. I carried that baby 42 weeks, I did not miscarry.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 17th, 2007, 09:32 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please do tell her you are sorry for her loss. A lot of people just didn't say anything to me and I felt like an outcast. I would much rather people who knew me to just say, "I'm so sorry! I don't know what to say, but know that I'm here to listen to you whenever you need to talk." Also, talk about her baby by name if she has named him or her. I love hearing my son's name even when it hurts. It makes him so much more real to everyone. I know he's my son, I know he is real, but everyone around me I'm not sure if they do... so when they say his name I know that they also know he is real and as much my child as my earth angel is.

Don't expect her to grieve in any certain way either. All people grieve differently. Allow her time to do that however she needs to. Don't tell her how... I had too many people telling me "how to grieve."

And pass on this site. It has been a true blessing for me.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 26th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Regular
I just lost my daughter at 21 weeks, Only 2 weeks and 4 days ago, I can only tell you what people have done and NOT done that has and HAS NOT helped me.

Doing and saying nothing seems to hurt the most... ESPECIALLY when you see or talk to the person ignoring that it happened... I think people do this as to NOT REMIND the mother... LIKE I FORGOT???????

I LOVED it when people asked me about her because almost no one did.... actually the ONLY people who did were my sister and BF... it felt SO good!!!!! Part of me is a Proud mom, even if I am grieving. I WANT to tell you how beautiful she was, I want to tell you about her perfect tiny hands and feet...... I WANT to tell you how good it felt to hold her, I may cry, hell I probobly will, I NEED to cry with my friends and not just my best friends.... ALL of my friends.

Only my BF has ever asked to see her picture, and that hurts, if you can handle it... ask. Trust me it will mean the world to her.

You see once you start listening you let me talk... you let me vent, you let me do something I don't get to do. Everyone else offers words of wisdom they know nothing about and some that are just downright retarted.... Well at least you have two others.... as if they are interchangable. Oh your 8 year old died, lets go pick out a new one at the orphanage!!

(In Avas memory box, I am keeping a list of the stupidest things people have said to me, so that instead of just crying together.... maybe we might laugh too)

Stick to what you know.... your a friend... listen, love, hug, let her yell, scream... don't tell her she has to be strong.... don't tell her she has to anything. Just let her do what she needs to do to grieve, don't judge her - just be there to hold here hand (and on one of her bad days maybe her hair out of the toilet)

sarmomemt@mac.com

good luck and if you want to give her my contact info feel free since we lost our babies at pretty much the same time.

<span style="font-family:Impact">Mommy to Kaitlyn Age 5 (a 33 weeker)
Megan 23 Months (Full Term)
Ava Grace (Still Born)
http://www.iamcrystallee.com/wp</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search