Scared but want to TTC

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2007, 07:32 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I SO want another child. I want so badly to have a child who is healthy and happy.

My first child, my DD, was born 3 months early due to pre-eclampsia. She fought and fought to live and did make it and is now happy and mostly healthy.

My second child, my DS, is my angel. He was born at 33 weeks (about 2 months) early and I was pre-eclampic again. But, it is just completely unknown why he died. I wasn't *that* pre-eclamptic. I wasn't even as sick as I had been with Sarah Beth. I was closer to eclampsia with her than I was with Bryan Luke. His cord wasn't tight or in a weird position. They have said it was a "cord death" but they just don't know and I think they are just saying that because they didn't know.

So I want another child. But I've come very close to death twice with my children and I died some when my son died. I just don't think I could live through that again. How do I decide to have another child knowing I could be putting my life and my child's life in danger to try it? I just can't afford surrogacy or adoption.

I guess my question is, how did you (if you did) decide to try again?

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, I want to TTC right now Dominic's 2 month angelversary is tomorrow. I have had 2 c/s 15 months apart I want to have a little time to heal. Everytime I get scared I remember that 97% of stillborn parents move on to have happy healthy babies (found on stillnomore.org)

Alyssa also almost died while I was in labor, her heartrate started to fade away. It was such an emergency that I was knocked out for my c/s, then I lost Dominic, I can totally relate to how scared you are...

**hugs**

How about just stop preventing, but not TTC, ya know? God will give you another baby when your ready.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 19th, 2007, 09:14 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i was the same with ttc again after my angel jessica i knew i wanted another baby but i was frightened of getting pregnant and going throu it again....sadley i did have another loss a m/c at 11 weeks but almost a year to the day i found out i was pregnant again with this baby and was beyond scared but i think i was more frightened of never getting the chance to have another baby if that makes sense this baby is a miracle im 21 weeks now and have just had a u/s and everything so far is looking good but i know that everything can go wrong in the blink of an eye as like jessica....whenever you try ttc hun its going to be scary just prepare yourself...actualy i dont think you can i never have....do whatever you feel is right for you...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search