Cause of Stillbirth

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Regular
For those of you who have been told what caused or led to their babies stillbirth, would you mind sharing what it was?

Mine started as a Placental Abruption - Massive Bleeding but they couldn't find anything wrong with the placenta on the u/s... then the bleeding slowed to spotting (a concealed abruption)

Then I had PROM

<span style="font-family:Impact">Mommy to Kaitlyn Age 5 (a 33 weeker)
Megan 23 Months (Full Term)
Ava Grace (Still Born)
http://www.iamcrystallee.com/wp</span>
December 27th, 2007, 12:45 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hey hun how are you?

i lost jessica due a cord accident it was tangled round her neck 3 times and cut off her oxygen i was 24 weeks i was aware i didnt feel movement for a couple of days im so scared right now as im pregnant again im 22 weeks now and scared in case it will happen again!
your little angel is beautiful x

December 27th, 2007, 05:53 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They think it could have been a cord accident, but the cord wasn't wrapped around his neck or anything. I think they just say, "cord accident" when they aren't sure. They've done a lot of tests and blood work and nothing has come back.

I've been praying for peace for you. How are you doing?

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 27th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Regular
Quote:
hey hun how are you?

i lost jessica due a cord accident it was tangled round her neck 3 times and cut off her oxygen i was 24 weeks i was aware i didnt feel movement for a couple of days im so scared right now as im pregnant again im 22 weeks now and scared in case it will happen again!
your little angel is beautiful x[/b]

I am not sure If I am going to TTC again at all, but I have thought a lot about how hard it would be if we did... I can't imagine how hard it has to be going through your entire pregnancy with that fear. Every day the baby was "quiet" I think I would loose my mind. I can't tell you the amount of respect I have for every one of you who have TTC'd after a stillbirth.

I wish you luck (luck is so the wrong word) and peace in your mind.

ALL of your kids are beautiful (Angel Included)

<span style="font-family:Impact">Mommy to Kaitlyn Age 5 (a 33 weeker)
Megan 23 Months (Full Term)
Ava Grace (Still Born)
http://www.iamcrystallee.com/wp</span>
December 28th, 2007, 07:54 AM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have any reason for our son's death. I was 37 weeks along when I had a routine appointment and found out his heart was no longer beating. EVERYTHING up to that point had gone wonderfully. I'd had an ultrasound at 35 weeks that was perfect. I wish we knew what happened and yet I feel peace in knowing that he did not suffer and lived and died only with me. Selfish, I know, but he was MINE.

December 28th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Turns out my little girl died because I have 2 blood clotting disorders. I am homozygous for mthfr and antiphospholipids (sp?). I wish this blood testing was routine because it is common. Sorry I am still mad about them not testing for this, but yet they wanted to check for std's even though my dh and i are in a monogomous relationship! Oh and Ava is beautiful and such a pretty name too.

December 29th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I knew that Ceilidh would be stillborn or die shortly after birth when I was 17 weeks pregnant. She was diagnosed with anencephaly then so I knew I wouldn't be taking my baby home with me for most of my pregnancy.
I guess that makes my experience different from most board members as I could take steps to try and prevent it happening with my subsequent pregnancies (high dose folic acid)
December 31st, 2007, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chorioamnionitis. It is an infection of the amniotic fluid, cause unknown. I passed every test and everything was fine except spotting that got progressively worse and turned into a fever and I had a lot of pain in my uterus throughout my pregnancy and was really sick. I just thought it was a hard pregnancy.
<div align="center"></div>
January 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Veteran
I also had chorioamnionitis, (amniotic fluid infection) with my first loss... I was never given a reason for it, it just happened.
January 7th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I lost Cora due to a cord accident. Technically a double nuchal cord (wrapped twice around the neck). It was so tight I almost couldn't deliver her vaginally (her cord was short, so she couldn't drop far enough, they had to use the vacuum to pull her head out), and he had to cut the cord before her body could be delivered.

Everything else was perfect, and they ran tons of tests after to see if there was something besides the obvious to cause it.

January 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
We don't have any reason for our son's death. I was 37 weeks along when I had a routine appointment and found out his heart was no longer beating. EVERYTHING up to that point had gone wonderfully. I'd had an ultrasound at 35 weeks that was perfect. I wish we knew what happened and yet I feel peace in knowing that he did not suffer and lived and died only with me. Selfish, I know, but he was MINE.[/b]

This sums me up too. I was 42 weeks, but we aren't really sure because I might have been 2-3 weeks less along. My OB said that they didn't think he was 42 weeks. They said he had been passed for 2 days. I tell people that he lived and died with his mom knowing only conditional love. I am just sorry that other people didn't get to know him like only a mother knows her special bond with each child in her belly. He was mine. Now he is God's. I still don't have reasons, but hopefully I can make it to my Jan 17th apt, everytime I go to go to the DR, something comes up (my OB is over and hour and a half away). He hasn't told me anything about the placenta pathology results, I have a copy, but I don't speak science. I don't even know if it came up with anything

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

January 10th, 2008, 11:29 PM
tinkymom3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tinkymom3 Send a message via Yahoo to tinkymom3
Quote:
Quote:
hey hun how are you?

your little angel is beautiful x[/b]

I am not sure If I am going to TTC again at all, but I have thought a lot about how hard it would be if we did... I can't imagine how hard it has to be going through your entire pregnancy with that fear. Every day the baby was "quiet" I think I would loose my mind. I can't tell you the amount of respect I have for every one of you who have TTC'd after a stillbirth.

I wish you luck (luck is so the wrong word) and peace in your mind.

ALL of your kids are beautiful (Angel Included)

[/b]

Ava's mommy.. please go to Noah's site at www.thegraybabies.com and go to his story page.. there it tells a story of me being pregnant after I lost him just 4 1/2 months after I lost Noah that is.. It tells you what I went through and what my feelings were, I thought this could help you
January 10th, 2008, 11:44 PM
tinkymom3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tinkymom3 Send a message via Yahoo to tinkymom3
Quote:
For those of you who have been told what caused or led to their babies stillbirth, would you mind sharing what it was?

Mine started as a Placental Abruption - Massive Bleeding but they couldn't find anything wrong with the placenta on the u/s... then the bleeding slowed to spotting (a concealed abruption)

Then I had PROM[/b]

Noah was stillborn at 37 weeks due to causes unknown..... I did not want them to do an autopsy because I did not want them to touch me or him after what they put us through, you may read his story at his website..... The Dr did look him over and the cord as well as the placenta and what she could see from the placenta that it was Placental aging, meaning my placenta had shut down early because it thought it's work was done..... it fit into the palm of her hand, it was not big and meaty and bloody it was grey in color and very tiny. So she feels it just shut down like a batter in a clock she explained to mIL. It was doing it's job and then slowly died off. I tried to tell them something was wrong, Noah tried to come out and they stopped it, and I feel this si why, my placenta was done and Noah knew it and wanted to come out, my body knew it and they blew me off, read his story it tells all. Then when I got pregnant again I seen another Dr high risk and they ran every est possible, they found I had the parvo virus aka slap cheek, 5th disease, can catch it air born. I was working in a day care when I was pregnant with Noah, so that is where I got it and I had no clue, I had no signs as it's not a big deal to adults but evry much so in young kids and unborn babies. Anyway he tells me my percentage came back low with cameren meaning I had it with Noah and that my body is now immune and any child I carry will be immune as well... I asked him if he thinks this is what took Noah and his words with a poss look on his face were " It every well could have" I cried and I felt like this was it, this is what took him because it affects the placenta and causes stillbirth and it causes anemia, which I was anemic very bad around the times I was going and out of the hospital for the pain and pre term labor. I asked them why i was not checked for the parvo virus, he said it's not a routine test, I asked why they did not check my placenta and he said he does not know. See I seen a new dr when i got pregnant again because my old one was a joke, I can not believe them as they could have seen the placenta was dying if they would have just checked. When I got pregnant again they did U/S on both my earth angels so many times and made sure to check my placenta and when they wanted to come out and they knew they would be safe, they let them as I too went into pre term labor with Cameren and Jayden. Jayden was a month early but had a goo weight. But since no tests were done on Noah it's unknown and on his death certificate they but asphyxia

Quote:

Then I had PROM[/b]

Noah was stillborn at 37 weeks due to causes unknown..... I did not want them to do an autopsy because I did not want them to touch me or him after what they put us through, you may read his story at his website..... The Dr did look him over and the cord as well as the placenta and what she could see from the placenta that it was Placental aging, meaning my placenta had shut down early because it thought it's work was done..... it fit into the palm of her hand, it was not big and meaty and bloody it was grey in color and very tiny. So she feels it just shut down like a batter in a clock she explained to mIL. It was doing it's job and then slowly died off. I tried to tell them something was wrong, Noah tried to come out and they stopped it, and I feel this si why, my placenta was done and Noah knew it and wanted to come out, my body knew it and they blew me off, read his story it tells all. Then when I got pregnant again I seen another Dr high risk and they ran every est possible, they found I had the parvo virus aka slap cheek, 5th disease, can catch it air born. I was working in a day care when I was pregnant with Noah, so that is where I got it and I had no clue, I had no signs as it's not a big deal to adults but evry much so in young kids and unborn babies. Anyway he tells me my percentage came back low with cameren meaning I had it with Noah and that my body is now immune and any child I carry will be immune as well... I asked him if he thinks this is what took Noah and his words with a poss look on his face were " It every well could have" I cried and I felt like this was it, this is what took him because it affects the placenta and causes stillbirth and it causes anemia, which I was anemic very bad around the times I was going and out of the hospital for the pain and pre term labor. I asked them why i was not checked for the parvo virus, he said it's not a routine test, I asked why they did not check my placenta and he said he does not know. See I seen a new dr when i got pregnant again because my old one was a joke, I can not believe them as they could have seen the placenta was dying if they would have just checked. When I got pregnant again they did U/S on both my earth angels so many times and made sure to check my placenta and when they wanted to come out and they knew they would be safe, they let them as I too went into pre term labor with Cameren and Jayden. Jayden was a month early but had a goo weight. But since no tests were done on Noah it's unknown and on his death certificate they but asphyxia
January 11th, 2008, 09:18 AM
LRAINYB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LRAINYB
Quote:
Turns out my little girl died because I have 2 blood clotting disorders. I am homozygous for mthfr and antiphospholipids (sp?). I wish this blood testing was routine because it is common. Sorry I am still mad about them not testing for this, but yet they wanted to check for std's even though my dh and i are in a monogomous relationship! Oh and Ava is beautiful and such a pretty name too.[/b]
I also have Antiphospholipid Syndrome also. That is blood clotting disorder that affects the blood flow through the umbilical cord. I found out after going to a high risk doctor 6 months after losing Alexis. It was a blood test that confirmed it. Actually my mother's best friend is a well known OBGYN in Wisconsin and she actually told me what might have happened and what tests I should ask for when I went to see the high risk doctor. He did those tests and that is exactly what Gloria told me. I was told if I were to have another baby I had to be on baby aspirin and Fragmin shots everyday. I also had to have blood tests every 10-14 days and a sonogram every month. Well that was in 1998. Now it is 2008 and I am a mother of 3 beautiful children. Thanks to this doctor I own him a lot for what he did for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search