First Time Explaining

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I knew the day would come when I run into someone that has no idea that Dominic passed away because nobody told them. I ran into a friend from HS that knew I was preggo again and I seen her alot when I was preggo. She got a new job and I ran into her at her new job.

She asked me "How are the babies?"

I was a little comfused since I knew her family knew about it.

I said, What??
She repeated.

Then I had to explain.

She thought I was joking. Why in the hell would anybody joke about their baby dieing?
I get that response alot I guess. When I called everyone while I was waiting for my C/s everyone I called thought I was joking. I guess me not bawling my eyes out sends up red flags in their heads.

The look on her face was horrific. I could tell she was horrified that she had asked and made me tell her. I told her that it was ok and she didn't know so she shouldn't feel bad. I got in my car and cried for a little while on the way to my parents house. God, I miss him.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

January 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was interviewed for an article in the paper about Sarah Beth. The reporter asked, "How many children do you have?" Wow... a question that should be so easy suddenly isn't. My heart jumped to my throat and I didn't say anything for a minute.

I finally said, "I have two, but my son died before birth."

That was the first time I said that to anyone. My son died. I guess I've written it and heard it in my head a million times, but saying the words out loud impacted me like I never knew they would.

He felt horrible of course, but he included Bryan Luke in the article. I loved that. He is a part of our family, and that random reporter knew it just as we did.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search