My Gracie

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
BornAgainRenee's Avatar TTC #6 after 4 losses
Send a message via MSN to BornAgainRenee
On friday Jan 18th, I was giving my son Daniel a bath and I thought I felt wetness. Course Grace is my 6th baby and I thought that maybe she just kicked my bladder and I wet a little. So I went to bed that night and woke up to more wetness. I called my Dr. and they told me to go to Labor and Delivery. So I did, they did some tests and it came back that it was just cervical mucus. So they had us go home. All was well that night and the next day until later in the evening. I had some spotting. I thought well the did a lot to me yesterday, its probably just my cervix being sensitive. So I slept on it. Then in the morning there was more red to it so I called the Dr. They told me to come in. I did and they did an ultrasound right away. There was Gracie, moving around and strong heart beat. But there was no fluid around her it was all below her. So the Dr. told me that my bag of water had slipped through my semi dialated cervix and was in my vaginal area and that the umbilical cord had come through too.
He told me that I had two options. I could induce labor and deliver her, or I could go through a risky proceedure to push that bad of water back in and then do a cerclage. Well I told my dh that there was no way I could kill my baby. SHe had a strong heart beat and I was feeling her moving around. SO we decided to go with the risk. They took me to the hospital and took some blood. Then they put a cathader in and raised my bottom above my head in hopes that the bag of water would start to go back in on its own. My dh went home to get me some things and then came back. WHen he came back I told him that I thought I had a contraction. I have never gone into labor on my own, I have always been induced, so I have no clue what those first contractions feel like. We decided to wait and see if I had another one before we called the nurse, well I did, but at the same time my water broke. We called the nurse in and she checked, yes it was broken. SO the Dr. came in and they had me start to push. I pushed 2 times and Gracie came. I felt her little body come out of me and I just started sobbing, I knew it meant her death. They gave her to me and she was moving and opening her mouth. I put my finger in her hand and she grasped it. Then they told me to kiss her and they took her and gave her to daddy and wheeled me to surgery. I was hemoraging and they needed to do an emergency d&c to stop the bleeding. When I came out of surgery I learned that Gracie passed away in her Daddy's loving arms.
She stayed with me that whole night and most of the next day. We let her go for a while that night, but then had them bring her back so we could tell her goodnight. Then the next day before we left, we lovingly undressed her from the clothes and blankets the hospital gave her and wrapped her in a blanket, then we said goodbye.
This last Saturday we had her memorial service at our church. We picked out a pretty marble heart for her urn and we have her ashes in it on our shelves in our living room, along with two framed pictures of her. Here are the pics. I hope its ok to put them here.

and her urn and other things from the hospital

and the display table durring her service

January 28th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It makes me so sad to see this. I don't think it's inappropriate for you to post pictures, since we all have them.

What a pretty baby. I'm so sorry that things turned out like they did. She's so pretty, and that urn is beautiful too.

I have a little display kind of like that.

January 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Regular
Your little Gracie is so beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss.

Cameron~9
Shea~8
Gracie~5
Daizy~1
Mia~just hatched
January 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww! She's just darling! It means so much to be able to see her...knowing that you and she exchanged a touch...some love... too short a time to be together, but a lifetime of love in a single touch.

God bless you, and thank you for sharing Gracie.
January 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl with us. How incredibly special that you were able to share that touch with her. She knew nothing but the love of her parents. I am so sorry it wasn't longer. I love the urn you have for her.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 29th, 2008, 02:43 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hey hun i feel honored to be able to see your beautiful daughter....she is a princess x

January 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
cam & sami's mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. She is a beautiful little angel.

Cameron (3-3-99 to 10-30-08)
Samantha (11-15-03)
+ 6 angels

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cameronbrown

"You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

January 31st, 2008, 07:57 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gracie was so beautiful!

I was hoping that you had gotten a few pictures of her to keep, but I didn't want to upset you by asking.
January 31st, 2008, 08:30 AM
whalenmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to whalenmommy
Renee - I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and Gracie - and your post/pictures/memories are beautiful...I love you!!! Stay in touch, k?
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
January 31st, 2008, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Renee. I'm sorry for your loss. It looks like you had a beautiful service for Grace, and she was beautiful.
February 1st, 2008, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm crying my eyes out. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your little girl is so beautiful! Such a little princess! She's an even more beautiful angel
February 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
Regular
She is beautiful and is keeping my sweet cousin company.
February 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry. She is a gorgeous little girl.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

February 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
she is beautiful hun
I am so sorry for your loss

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
February 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your Gracie with us...

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search