just to second leanns post

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2008, 06:47 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i would just like to say sorry for being so quiet just having a hard time at the mo i have been told i have diabetes so trying to get my head around that and im not taking being pregnant well at the mo....

February 23rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Claire, I am sorry you just found out about the diabetes. I am type 1 diabetic, if you have any questions I would be glad to help! I have had diabetes for 17 years and have found a lot of "tricks" to keep your sugars down. I can only imagine it being thrown at you this far into pregnancy. Are you taking insulin or the pill? I have found the GI diet to be very helpful. Its not really a diet at all, it lets you eat what you want, but shows you a new way to eat it.

Oh and I understand this board being quiet. In fact I like when this board gets quiet, it means there isn't too many new members!

I just read your other post. I just wanted to tell you that injections aren't that bad at all. The truth is that pricking your finger hurts more than the shots actually do. It is so worth it to have that healthy little one in your arms and crying in just about 10 weeks. I do know how scary it all seems, but I know you have it in you!!

February 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
thanx hun i need help. my levels and are high my fasting level was 122.4 is that quite high? 2 hours later it was 176.4 i had a cup of tea and sultana bran. before lunch was 131.4 2 hours after lunch was 108 which is the lowest i ve been before dinner was 129.6 are these results high or high ish?

i have a problem knowing what raises me sugars and whats bad to eat i have no idea what im allowed...lol...

February 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Claire- I am sorry to hear about your diabetes. I have no kind of experience with it, but I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. Hang in there and stay strong momma, you have been thru to much to "give up" now.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

February 23rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Claire,

My meter doesn't read it in the tenths like that, so I am not sure if I understand exactly. My bloodsugars were supposed to be between 80-120 though. So from the sounds of it 174 was a little high, but its not that bad! Fasting sugars should be below 90 on my machine, but not sure if we are using the same machine?

From my years with this, I will tell you that any kind of cereal, canned soups, and high in fat (pizza and spaghetti) are the ones that raise my sugars! If you read the labels on food, pay attention to the sugars and the carbs listed. I have found that carbs are the most important part. If your not sure about how many carbs you can use this link. http://www.calorieking.com/

While pregnant I found that the pregnancy hormones raised my sugar in the morning, so I had to limit my carb servings at breakfast. I found that eating 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and 1 slice of toast was perfect for me. The other meals of the day were kept to 35 carbs, and my snacks were 15-20 carbs. Dannon Light Yogurt was about 19 carbs and it was enough to carry me over until the next meal.

What glucometer are you using? Maybe I can check and see why mine is different. I think your number are slightly elevated, but nothing of real concern yet.

You poor thing hun, I know you don't need anything else to worry about. You will do fine though, and even if you need the insulin I am sure you can cope with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search