Hormones or depression?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My moods have been all over the place the last few days. I got really depressed on Sunday, and DH had an argument about when to conceive (we never argue), then yesterday we were both in a great mood, and today I'm sad again, want to cry and feel like nothing is going my way.

I've never been on the pill until now, and just started Loestrin recently - still in my first month of it, have about a week to go. I have no idea if what I'm feeling is purely hormonal from the pill, or the stress of everything finally getting to me. After we lost Joshua, I found out while in hospital for the c section that I'd need heart surgery, which was 4 months after we lost Joshua, and I'm pretty much fully recovered from the surgery now. Could it be that everything has finally slowed down and finally hit me? Maybe a combination? I am normally a very happy, positive person - I hate feeling like this.

March 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Sebastians_mom
When I first started taking the pill many years ago the first few months were pretty rough emotionally, I cried a ton for someone who had a pretty happy life at the time. My Dr told me last week it is really hard to tell the difference between grief, depression and hormones and sometimes when you're feeling confused about your feelings to call the dr and they might be able to help you figure it out.
March 20th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hormones and depression always are connected. I am so sorry that you are fighting and feel blue. **hugs** I really have no advice, I just want you to know I am thinking about you and I hope you feel better soon.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, I was really depressed while on the pill too. It could be the pill.

And yes, it could be that your loss is finally hitting you. It took a few months for me to really start constructive grieving (instead of just being in shock).

So, I actually have no advice for you, I just wanted to give you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search