Micah Aiden 10/7/13

March of the Penguins

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By DavidandJaidonsmomma
  • 4 Post By DavidandJaidonsmomma
  • 1 Post By blakesgirl09
  • 7 Post By DavidandJaidonsmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March of the Penguins LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 09:31 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Feels so weird to be the first to be typing a birth story when I was one of the very last due in December.

Saturday 10/5 my water broke. I wasn't sure at first because it wasn't one huge gush and with my previous two childbirths my water was broken for me, but the nurse did a swab test and sure enough I was leaking amniotic fluid. Labor hadn't begun so they started me on antibiotics and gave me one last steroid shot for Micah's lungs. I was always under the impression that once your water broke you had to deliver, but apparently as long as the baby isn't under distress you can stay on bed rest (in the hospital) without any fluid at all.

None of my fluid leaked on Sunday.

Monday morning I started leaking fluid again and noticed the fluid was yellow. When the dr came to check me she said there was meconium in my fluid and ordered an ultrasound. The ultrasound results showed that the umbilical cord was in my cervix and soon after getting those results I started to develop a fever. Since I was showing signs of an infection and Micah's cord was in the way an emergency c-section was ordered. Micah was born 10/7/13 at 1:48 pm. He was 2 lbs 7.5 ounces and 14 inches long.
redbirds likes this.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

October 20th, 2013, 11:40 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how is he doing?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
He is doing well. Should come off cpap and the antibiotics in a few days. I held him for almost 2 hours today

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

October 23rd, 2013, 03:39 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate that there is a birth story in here already but I'm SOOOOOO glad that he is doing so well. You're always in my thoughts Bree, you and little Micah! Keep the updates coming!!!

October 24th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Me too! It even felt weird to write the birth story so early :/

Micah came off of both cpap and the iv today. The next goal is for him to go from the level 3 nursery to level 2. I didn't hold him today. David had a 24 hr bug yesterday and although I feel fine I didn't want to take any chances of passing it along. He is awake more often when I visit and I think he is starting to recognize my voice. He is definitely more aware of sounds around him. He is up to 2 lbs and 11 oz and they're giving him 14 ccs of breastmilk per feeding.

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

October 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome Bree!! How often is he eating? He's definitely gaining weight so that's a great sign and I'm so glad that he came of the cpap and iv!! Have they given you a timeline as to when he will be able to go to the level 2? What milestone does he need to reach to get there?

The hospital, I'm delivering at, only has a level 2. That's kind of a scary thought!

October 25th, 2013, 02:57 PM
He eats every 3 hours (3,6,9,12). They didn't give me definitive goals for level 2. From what I understand level 3 is 2 babies to 1 nurse and level 2 is 4 to 1 and they call level 3 the feeding and growing area so I'm assuming he would move once he for sure only needs to grow to go home. Where are you delivering?

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

November 7th, 2013, 06:33 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Any more updates?

November 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hey! I've been meaning to update all week, but I've been all over the place. Micah is a month old now. He has been in level 2 for a week and weighs 3 lbs 15 oz and is 15.75 in long. He is only on the nasal canula, but has been having a lot of Brady spells the past few days. Bradys are pretty normal for preemies he had just been doing really well for awhile. Overall he is still doing great.

Look how much he has grown

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

Last edited by DavidandJaidonsmomma; November 9th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
November 9th, 2013, 08:43 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's looking less premie and more baby! I'm so happy! Thank you so much for the update. Keep strong mama. You feeling better as well in your recovery?
November 9th, 2013, 08:47 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
He is growing! I hope he gets his B's under control soon.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
November 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OMG. A month already!? Crazy... and I agree, he looks like he's doing well with feedings and putting on weight What a precious guy!

How are you doing with the living situation? I hope you have more support and are doing well managing the trips to and from and your boys. ((HUGS)) Hang tough! Hopefully, Micah will be home before you know it and you can get yourself back into your own routine.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 10th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He is getting so big! I can't believe its a month already! Hope you are feeling much better!
November 11th, 2013, 05:11 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
Oh my goodness!! So excited to see this update and how well he is doing. He looks incredible Bree! So proud of you, hang in there momma!

Born Tuesday December 3rd, 2013 at 3:11pm
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches long

November 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WHY did it take me so long to look in this section??? DOH! LOVE this, and OH little man is growing!!!! So handsome!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
November 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I'm thinking Micah could be home as early as two weeks from Tuesday. I took an infant cpr class yesterday (it's mandatory before NICU babies are discharged, but has great info) and one of the moms mentioned her baby is coming home today and she would have been 36 weeks today. Since Micah doesn't have any major issues I am thinking 36 weeks could happen for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseGal View Post
He's looking less premie and more baby! I'm so happy! Thank you so much for the update. Keep strong mama. You feeling better as well in your recovery?
I'm feeling much better physically these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
OMG. A month already!? Crazy... and I agree, he looks like he's doing well with feedings and putting on weight What a precious guy!

How are you doing with the living situation? I hope you have more support and are doing well managing the trips to and from and your boys. ((HUGS)) Hang tough! Hopefully, Micah will be home before you know it and you can get yourself back into your own routine.
Some days are better than others. I really need my won space, but I'm trying to deal with things one at a time.

Baby#3:
10wk hb 172

November 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am praying he can be home for Christmas! That would be awesome.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
November 19th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
So glad he is doing so well and is growing! He's adorable! I hope you can take him home soon
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

November 27th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
You and Micah are amazing! I love how sweet he looks. I bet he gives some great little cuddles. Grow baby grow so you can go home soon with mommy
December 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anymore updates??? i hope hes come home!! and that you're snuggling him.

hes such an adorable little guy,

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search