Birth Photographer?

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By LUSHaye

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone planning to have one? I really really really want to have one this time around as it will most likely be our last baby.. I want to have everything captured by someone who isn't family so everyone else can just enjoy the moment! The girl that I'm planning on took our family photos last year and is doing them again in a couple weeks.. I can't wait!
Wife to Ray, Mama to 2 & Colin 12.17.09 & Brock 11.7.11 & cautiously expecting #3 10.20.2014

September 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I might, but it depends who else is there. I don't want to overwhelm myself and I'm not sure where I'll live yet either lol

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The pictures are cool and all but I dont really want anyone taking pictures of it.. some of the things that went on are better off forgotten.....which is the only way i even agreed to do it again lol
mkljmom likes this.

September 14th, 2013, 01:45 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be having our close friend who is a birth photographer take them. I didn't with my first and really wish I had. So we will be skipping the professional maternity in trade for the birth photos

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
September 14th, 2013, 04:44 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I...can't say I want one. Professional or otherwise. I feel like it would just ruin that time for me. Some things are best left in memories.
Nel likes this.
September 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I felt that way at first, and was pissed when I found out that my oldest's birth had been recorded over my shoulder.. But then I watched it and cried and cried.. It was SO amazing to have those moments captured in time forever.. But then our house got broken into and our video camera was stolen and his video was gone.. I was devestated..
Wife to Ray, Mama to 2 & Colin 12.17.09 & Brock 11.7.11 & cautiously expecting #3 10.20.2014

September 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I will. I've already been contacting photographers. I had one with my last birth, and I loved it! I made a photo book out of them.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

September 14th, 2013, 07:43 PM
bugz's Avatar Super Mommy
I doubt we'll have one. I don't want a stranger there during that and don't need everything documented. I'm fine with other people taking some pictures if I need/want. A friend of ours is a photographer and might take some (also has a baby so has experienced labour). Even if I wanted an actual birth photographer we wouldn't be getting one because I just looked it up and the charge around $500 for 5 prints and a CD...

October 20, 2013 (11 Weeks)
September 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Yes, we will be hiring a birth photographer this time.

Cycle 18 ttc

My Ovulation Chart
September 15th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
I doubt we'll have one. I don't want a stranger there during that and don't need everything documented. I'm fine with other people taking some pictures if I need/want. A friend of ours is a photographer and might take some (also has a baby so has experienced labour). Even if I wanted an actual birth photographer we wouldn't be getting one because I just looked it up and the charge around $500 for 5 prints and a CD...

lol you'll have plenty of strangers there. Doctors and nurses and hospital staff in and out.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 15th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masesmama View Post
lol you'll have plenty of strangers there. Doctors and nurses and hospital staff in and out.

When I was in active, pushing labor, I could not have cared less who was there, my main concern was getting the baby OUT.. Haha.. They could have paraded a marching band through and I would have been A-OK with that because I was solely focused on GET OUT.

September 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I seriously doubt it! I am very vocal especially at the end. It is embarrassing just thinking about it. I'm good with the little memories I have from labor. If I did *anything* I might let my mom tape it. Maybe.
September 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am one of those women who just looks like crap their entire pregnancy (I'm nauseous to some degree all 9 months- it's fun and I look really really bad while in labor. I'd really love to have someone take some magic pictures of me that erase the fatigue and bloat etc but no. I am still considering it but it looks like around here it costs a couple thousand and that's just ridiculous! My labor with my last one was only 5 hours (3 in the hospital) so I'd worry they wouldn't make it anyway.
September 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyjo View Post
When I was in active, pushing labor, I could not have cared less who was there, my main concern was getting the baby OUT.. Haha.. They could have paraded a marching band through and I would have been A-OK with that because I was solely focused on GET OUT.
LOL that was so me! Two of my friends had flowers delivered (I had a scheduled induction) and the guy literally delivered the flowers while I was pushing. I could have cared less but it is kind of funny looking back

September 15th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I think at one point I had like 12 people in the room lol. We didn't have a limit on guests and my son was stubborn so we had the nicu team waiting for him too. I could have cared less if president Obama was there lol!

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search