Telling the family.

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MommaBean18
  • 1 Post By Masesmama
  • 1 Post By mkljmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabriel's Mommy
So this will be our second baby. We just found out today that we're pregnant again, yay! We were planning on having another set of feet around soon, just not quite so soon.

So my question is, how are you planning to tell your families? We're thinking of having our first child in a "Big Brother" shirt at the next family function and just waiting until they notice. Thoughts?
Nel and ~mama2monkeys~ like this.
September 18th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
We arent doing anything special to tell when we do. This is our #8, not many people get excited about our news anymore anyway

We will make is special for our kids.

Cycle 18 ttc

My Ovulation Chart
September 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will wait until at least 13/14 weeks to tell people. I am not sure what we will do. I did tell my cousin that I am close to last night while we visited. She is pregnant and due in October so I just ran up to her and touched our bellies and she looked at me like I was nuts, then I told her our babies were saying hi to each other. She gave me the stop ****** with me look and then jumped around and hugged me. It was fun!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Regular
I'm not planning anything special or even want to announce it to everyone I know honestly. I did send a pic of my hpt to a few people but that's it. They're happy and excited so I'm satisfied with just that
September 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I'm going to send out announcements to our families (none of them live locally) and then a week after I tell them, we will announce on Facebook with a cute photo or something. My husband's family will be less than thrilled because they reiterate every time we see them how we don't need another child (we only have one who is 3.5 but he is a handful... so they are dumb lol) but we are just going to be super super excited about it so they don't try to rain on our parade. I have only told my sister and close friends. We will be telling family in about a month and will be sending out candy gift bags with an attached card that says "If I'm getting fat, so are you!" and a sonogram picture inside. My ultrasound is Oct 2nd and we will be sending things out to family around the 15th, and announcing for facebook around halloween.
anjewellove likes this.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

September 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure when we're telling people, either on Halloween or thanksgiving.

Not to sure what we'll do this time....still thinking....
September 19th, 2013, 04:24 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
We have told close family and friends already but haven't told our kids yet. Working on a fun dinner for them but hubz wants to wait as long as we can. I'm not sure when I will announce on facebook probably after we tell the kids mid October-ish. I thought about getting one of those skeleton shirts and seeing if the kids notice.
Lyndsey2013 likes this.
September 19th, 2013, 05:39 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I had no choice in telling my mom. She spent a good part of my ER stay with me. And I'm so glad I told her when I did, because a nurse came in and looked at me then just matter of fact said "You're pregnant."

I had to tell her because I knew someone would say something while I was there. My husband took me but he hadn't slept in over 24 hours I sent him home and he sent my mom up. So that's how she found out. She was happy, told me May was too far away though haha.

Our sons don't know yet. Neither do my IL's or any other extended family. My mom called and told my step-dad while we were at the hospital.

I'd like to tell the boys soon, but I'm content keeping it to us for awhile.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
September 19th, 2013, 06:53 PM
~mama2monkeys~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~mama2monkeys~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~mama2monkeys~
With this being around 5th and many people in our area thinking we are insane for having more than the 2.5children you are SUPPOSED to have, we'll be waiting probably until thanksgiving. I will have had an appointment by then to make sure everything is ok. We've used the same big brother shirt with both of our boys, and we got a big sister shirt for Bella when we told about Finlay. So, maybe we'll just have Abram wear that to tell family. But I'll probably do some kind of photo to announce on FB
I'm Carrie, wife to Micah (10/11/03) and mommy to 4 little monkeys! Jonah (10/08/04) Bella Kate (04-05-07) Finlay (09-17-09) Abram (10-28-11)and Baby #5, Baby Boy, Due May 2014!

September 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I am planning on waiting till Christmas to tell, If I can anyways! I don't even plan on telling the kids, as they can't keep secrets. My plan is to wrap up the gender u/s pic and give it as gifts to our parents. Once they know I will announce on FB. I don't usually start showing till 24-28weeks, so I should be able to hide the bump till Christmas.

I did tell me Bestie, so I have someone to talk to about this all. But for now I'm keeping it to myself, I don't want to hear any negative comments.

It's a Boy!!!
September 19th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I've told everyone already, I can't keep secrets lol. I wasn't planning on announcing to facebook friends and family until after the first ultrasound, but I posted in my LLL group about breastfeeding while pregnant and a friend messaged me and asked if I knew that that post was public and all my friends could see it. So I quickly messaged all my family or called the ones that are stateside to tell them before they saw that post. Then I made a facebook announcement. I've been prepping people for years that we were planning on 6 kids, so this being number 5 it has gone over fairly smoothly .

Scarlett Diane

September 19th, 2013, 07:44 PM
bugz's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure when we'll be telling people. We're going to be telling my BF's parents this weekend, but that's it. I don't get my first appointment until October 16 and I don't want to tell people before I know everything is okay. I wanted people to know before Thanksgiving (October 14) but that's not going to happen obviously. So some time after the 16th I guess. We were hoping to reveal the gender at Christmas but it doesn't look like we are going to be able to find out the gender until birth .

October 20, 2013 (11 Weeks)
September 23rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
My fiancé and I have decided to tell everyone after we are out of the red zone of a miscarriage, so around week 12-13 which puts us at Nov. 3-10. We are actually very nervous about telling everyone because we were planning on getting married next summer, which will now be put on hold until spring 2015 (instead of summer 2014), so now we have to announce to his very religious family that we are expecting. We've decided to just let them know that we are excited and they can either support us or take no part in our exciting journey!

The only problem is we are going on vacation in Aruba with them in October and I'll be 9 week and I've already got a little bump (first child--but usually I have a flat tummy), so we're afraid they'll discover our pregnancy before we've gotten a chance to come up with a cool idea to tell everyone. Lots of cover ups and baggy shirts are in our near future!

Nevertheless, we know everyone else will be very happy for us and we are very excited!
September 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've already told close family. I'm not sure when we will tell everyone else. I want to wait and announce it around ds birthday because I'll be 12-13 weeks but we both are so excited we may tell the rest of our friends and family sooner maybe 8/9 weeks.

[/url

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search