What is your idea of a perfect birth?

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyeeb View Post
Before I had my daughter, I had my birth planned out in my head. it was going to go this way and I was going to feel like this and blah blah blah. Then, 10 days post due date, the morning after being in unproductive labor all night and following a membrane stripping, I was actually in a state of productive labor, painful but very slow. They had to break my waters a few hours later, at noon, and I had very painful back labor. I didn't take an epidural and my husband was deployed at the time and so it was mother-in-law, step-mother, and myself. (My real mother died from cancer when I was 8). I can barely remember from 12 noon to 8pm that day but I can say I stopped dilating at 3 cm but was still having contractions that piggy-backed contractions, with seconds in between if I was lucky...and so after a day of hard laboring and very little progress, I took an intrathecal. It made my pain go away for 2 hours before my doctor came in, and said I was at 10cm. 45 minutes of pushing later, at 11:07 pm, out flopped the most wonderful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. The doctor sewed my rip and then I got up and walked to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

No, this labor story is not what I had in mind, but I relive it all the time and love every second of it. And next time around, if things go exactly the same, I would be totally fine with it.

What is your idea of a perfect birth? Have you had one? What do you imagine it to be like?
I think you and I may be twins or something lol. My first labor was 29 hours, my husband was deployed as well. My mom passed away from cancer as well.. when I was 8. What a coincidence!

The first labor was not at all what I planned. I was induced, my son was sunny side up and came through with one hand first so he had shoulder dystocia. I pushed for 3 and a half hours. He wasn't breathing when he was born, swallowed a lot of fluid so he wasn't keeping down breastmilk and kept spitting up. He had his stomach pumped a bunch of times in the first day. We had to stay in the hospital longer. His blood sugar was low and he wasn't able to regulate his temperature and was jaundiced so I wasn't even able to hold him for a lot of the first day.

This time I am glad my husband will be home with me and I will NOT be induced. I don't think my son was ready to be born and that is why we had all the issues we did. I would love to have this baby at home but I haven't started thinking about what we will really do. I want a natural, stress free environment. I want to let my body do it's own thing and not try to force it. I want my close family (my MIL, son, and my sister) to see baby right after it's born and not have to wait for "visiting hours" in a hospital. The hospital where my son was born didn't allow any children under 12 to visit even siblings. I think I would be so much happier and more comfortable in my own home with a midwife.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search