What is your idea of a perfect birth?

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2013, 06:56 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Before I had my daughter, I had my birth planned out in my head. it was going to go this way and I was going to feel like this and blah blah blah. Then, 10 days post due date, the morning after being in unproductive labor all night and following a membrane stripping, I was actually in a state of productive labor, painful but very slow. They had to break my waters a few hours later, at noon, and I had very painful back labor. I didn't take an epidural and my husband was deployed at the time and so it was mother-in-law, step-mother, and myself. (My real mother died from cancer when I was 8). I can barely remember from 12 noon to 8pm that day but I can say I stopped dilating at 3 cm but was still having contractions that piggy-backed contractions, with seconds in between if I was lucky...and so after a day of hard laboring and very little progress, I took an intrathecal. It made my pain go away for 2 hours before my doctor came in, and said I was at 10cm. 45 minutes of pushing later, at 11:07 pm, out flopped the most wonderful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. The doctor sewed my rip and then I got up and walked to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

No, this labor story is not what I had in mind, but I relive it all the time and love every second of it. And next time around, if things go exactly the same, I would be totally fine with it.

What is your idea of a perfect birth? Have you had one? What do you imagine it to be like?
September 27th, 2013, 07:19 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Seeing as I would need a c-section it will be a c-section followed by pain meds, napping, breastfeeding and ordering my meals and repeat, lol.

Wyatt Everett
September 27th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
My births are pretty easy and as perfect as they can be. I need pitot in to start contractions. I'd love to go into labor on my own. Use the jacuzzi tubs they have at the hospital but they don't allow that (why have them then). But being tricare I don't get much of a choice where I deliver. I want to go without an epidural. Or have it turned off before pushing.

Healthy baby. No rips of tears or hemorraging. I'll be happy with that
My birth stories are all in the labor and childbirth birth stories section.

Scarlett Diane

September 27th, 2013, 07:56 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first birth was 100% perfect for me.

We had tried for years to have a baby and finally after five years we had our son.

I was induced..I got an epi at 7...was relaxed...laughing even while pushing. Our entire family *about 20 people!*were just outside my room door waiting for our sweet boy to be born. When they heard his first cry they all started clapping and calling out. I still cry thinking about it...best moment best feeling.

The only downside of our daughters birth was it was a c section...but it was no less special and is the only thing I would change about it. It felt less personal having her born that way.

This birth I'm hoping for a vbac.

Expecting Vivienne Monroe!
14dpo 311!
18dpo 2440!

September 27th, 2013, 08:12 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
My most enjoyable birth was w DD #2. It is the only one that the epidural worked. I felt nothing! Started pit at 10:30am and she was born at 4. 20 minutes after they broke my water and 3 pushes! I couldn't believe how easy it was! .Her labor was by far the happiest and most enjoyable.

I was in such pain and so exhausted with my son after pushing for 3 hours (episiotomy and vacuum) I don't even remember them saying "It's a boy!"...the other two were not as bad short pushing time but I didn't enjoy it!
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
September 28th, 2013, 12:21 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ds birth was pretty good. I went into labor on my own. Got to hospital at 4 cm had epi at 5 cm. Epidural wore off after a few hours. I stopped around 9 and they broke my water and I was ready in less than an hour. I was begging them to let me push but my midwife took 25 minutes to get there. That part sucked. It only took 15 minutes of pushing and he was here! We did delayed cord clamping and immediate skin to skin. I had a lactation consultant in my room within minutes of delivery. We got to nurse within the first hour and he took to it like a champ! I hope with this baby I'll have a quicker labor (first one was 16 hours) and I hope to do without an epidural since it really hurt last time and it didn't work.

[/url

September 28th, 2013, 01:07 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My idea of a perfect birth would be intervention free where I go without pain meds. The doctor and midwives let me do my own thing and walk and change positions when I want/need to. I don't want to give birth lying on my back. Maybe try and relax and watch some foxtel or something in between contractions lol. A big ball to sit on would also be great. I have no idea how it's going to go.

September 28th, 2013, 06:38 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 2nd and 3rd births were perfect for me, they were born at home.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
September 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess any birth that ends in healthy baby and healthy mama is perfect for me.. But, number 2's delivery was pretty great. Got to the hospital around 4:15am and he was born at 8:49 am after like 10 minutes of pushing..
Wife to Ray, Mama to 2 & Colin 12.17.09 & Brock 11.7.11 & cautiously expecting #3 10.20.2014

September 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM
bugz's Avatar Super Mommy
For me it'll be a birth that is completely natural. I don't want any pain medications so I really hope that I don't have to have them. I already chose my hospital because they are extremely accommodating to what you want and the birth suites are really homey. I'm really hoping that they have a private room available when I get there because there is no way I'd be comfortable sharing a room with another person or 2. It's a private experience and I don't want to be sharing with 2-3 other people and their experiences. Plus I don't want 2-3 (or more!) other babies crying when I'm trying to sleep and rest. Long labours run on my mums side of the family because of narrow hips. The average is about 32 hours. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that. Large babies run on both sides of the family (9-11 pounders), which isn't a good mix with a narrow pelvis. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly with that and I don't need a c-section, but I have to mentally prepare that I might.

Then there are all the little details like don't clamp the cord until it's done pulsing, the baby goes on my immediately and stays there until I say otherwise, the baby never leaves my sight or my boyfriends, I eat/drink/move around as I want, I use the tub or shower during labour, all procedures are done in front of one of us, cloth diapers only, breastfeeding goes smoothly, to push without time limits and when I feel I should not on command, wear my own gowns.

But most importantly, a birth that ends in a healthy baby and healthy me. I have a clotting/blood problem so I am worried about how much I'm going to bleed and it won't be enjoyable. I'm really hoping everything goes smoothly. I panic as soon as I bleed because I bleed more than normal, which makes my heart rate go up so I bleed more. It's a vicious cycle.

October 20, 2013 (11 Weeks)
September 28th, 2013, 09:33 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope it's not traumatic. Very vague.

I've heard that if your mom had 'easy' labor and birth, then yours will be similar. I'm hoping that my big ol birthing hips will help me out. No one has needed a c-section in my family, and as far as I know, no one needed any suction or forceps assistance. I assume there will be some ripping and that doesn't really bother me. I expect a fairly long labor but as long as everything goes the way it's supposed to, that should be fine. Depending on how much of the pain I can bare, I think a walking epidural would help out a bit.
September 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabriel's Mommy
With my DS I was in labor for 19 hours (pushing for two) with some intense back labor. Luckily, the epidural worked, but I was in labor for so long it wore off by the time I had to push :/

This birth I'm planning on making it as far as I can before getting the epidural, but I am planning on getting one. Hopefully this one will be a shorter labor!

Gabriel Juan
September 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time my doc accidentally popped my waters when he stripped my membranes.. As a result Cam was still very high. I pushed for 3.5 hours and he was sunny side up. AND my epi took hours. I do not tolerate pain very well at all and the epi was a lifesaver for me.
But whatever happens, I just want a safe birth. I don't care how.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
September 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
I don't care but I do not want a c-section!

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
September 28th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son was induced at 38.4 weeks due to heart decelerations my labor was 13 hours with one hour of pushing so 14 total he was posterior (sunny side up) I had terrible pit contractions and back labor. Ended up with an epi and a sleepy baby who wouldn't nurse for 13 hours we made it work and are still nursing but that definitely made it tricky at first.

For this birth I want what I wanted with my first a intervention free labor. I don't want pain meds. I want immediate skin to skin and to breast feed within the first hour of life. I want to be able to move around and eat/drink as I please. Also do not want the baby given a bath. I already hired a doula (a great friend who I didn't meet till after my son) to attend my birth as support for my husband and myself! I also feel more confident this time I'm not scared of the pain I know my body knows what to do.

September 28th, 2013, 05:11 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
My daughter's birth was a little dramatic towards the end. 20 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing and a 4th degree episiotomy for fetal distress. Sooo....pretty much anything that ends with a healthy baby and no huge episiotomy is all I can hope for.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
http://donatelife.net

Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
September 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll take any scenario that ends in a healthy baby and healthy mom! My first birth was perfectly fine. I was induced early due to PIH. Started pit at 8 am, broke my water after a few hours of no progress, ended up with an epi around 3 or so since my b/p was getting to a dangerous level and I still wasn't progressing, delivered Jack at 4:00 pm in 3 pushes (went from a 2 to pushing in 45 minutes after the epi). I would love to go into labor naturally this time just to see what that feels like, and you know pit just sucks so I could do without that, but if I end up with the exact same birth I would be fine with that.

September 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
My back labor was a result of my daughter being sunny side up. But because I didn't have an epidural, I was able to move and sway my hips, standing and cling to the bed in a squat and through all that movement, the doctor said I caused her to turn over the right way.
Gosh, there are so many birthing options..but they aren't always options or choices and sometimes it just comes down to nature. My mom had "easy" labors, but mine was a little further from "easy" than others.
October 3rd, 2013, 11:46 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One where I can have an epidural!

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

October 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Home, night, dark, candlelight, birth tub, warm water, calm, peaceful. I had a similar birth with my 4th, it was incredible. I hope to achieve as close to that or better this time. <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search