How much is 5 glasses of water really?

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
bugz's Avatar Super Mommy
I have my ultrasound today (!! will update that later) and I'm supposed to drink 5-6 glasses of water 1 hour before the ultrasound. Is that like 5-6 measuring cups of water? My glasses hold about 2 measuring cups probably. Or is it actually 5-6 glasses? They come in so many different sizes.. This is potentially a very dumb question! I just don't want to go and it not work or something!

October 20, 2013 (11 Weeks)
October 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I think 8 oz is considered the measurement. So yes, I'd assume that you'll want to drink 5-6 1 c. measuring cups full. Or just estimate!

Good luck with that consumption -- I'd probably pee myself
October 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
That's weird they didn't tell you in ounces, and weird that they would even have you drink water. I have an ultrasound today and I'm not drinking water lol. At this early they do it through her vagina so I don't know why they would have you drink water at all. But if they mean a glass is 8 ounces, then it would be about 3 glasses because most glasses are standard 16 ounces. Drinking 5-6 of those would be nearly impossible within an hour lol.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
8oz is considered 1 glass of water. To get my daily intake, I drink 3 16 fl oz water bottles and then plus some if I feel like I want more.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
October 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
bugz's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I have no idea how I'm going to hold it in. As it is I'm peeing every 45 minutes and that's without drinking anything. I think it's because they don't know how far I am because my cycles are so wonky. Or they are just being mean lol. Anywhere between 11 and 6 weeks, but most likely 9.

I just filled up a big water bottle with 6 cups and now I'm sitting here staring at it wondering how that much water is going to fit in what seems to be a pea sized bladder. I'm going to be running to the bathroom right after the ultrasound lol.

October 20, 2013 (11 Weeks)

Last edited by bugz; October 2nd, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
October 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I would just drink 30ozs or so. You just need a full bladder, and some people don't need as much water to get that. They will attempt a abdominal U/S and then have you pee and do a transvaginal. That's how it's always been with all mine.

It's a Boy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search