10% more calories? Psshh....

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday and today the most amazing things in the world have been oatmeal creme pies.... :\ so healthy.. i need to stop eating CRAP and soon.. but it's the only stuff that sounds good.. hoping to not be as big as a house this time but i already feel like my weight is shifting to all these places it shouldn't be..
Wife to Ray, Mama to 2 & Colin 12.17.09 & Brock 11.7.11 & cautiously expecting #3 10.20.2014

October 3rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Ok just toughened up and stepped on the scale. I haven't gained any weight yet, but it sure feels like I have. My stomach is full of bloat and I feel like all I do is eat.
October 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar #2 due in May
I definitely gain a lot of weight in first 9 weeks. Last time it was 7 or 8 pounds, this time it was 11-15! (Not exactly sure because I hadn't weighed in awhile). I only gained 40 total last time, but I will probably gain a lot more this time. I always get a HUGE appetite, but last time I was working 70 hours a week where I walked all over the place and up and down stairs - this time I am working 24 hours per week at an office job. No wonder things have changed!
Baby #2

Juliana Rose, born 1/7/13
October 4th, 2013, 11:50 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyjo View Post
Yesterday and today the most amazing things in the world have been oatmeal creme pies.... :\
Ashley that is one of my favorite junk foods of all time, hands down. I ate an entire box in a few days after I knee surgery last year
ashleyjo likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
Most certainly. Stopped making the weight watchers and skinnytaste stuff, but it's because it take more work and I feel awful. Easier higher fat meals have been in for the last month. DH is loving it though.
October 5th, 2013, 04:50 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not a calorie counter by any means. Never have been, never will be. Never!
It's hard enough eating right now when I only want certain things at a particular time and even then I only want a certain amount.
When my appetite decides to come back, hopefully I'll be able to eat normal. I'm fairly good at not putting on weight. It's actually kind of hard for me to do. But bun has to eat, too, so that extra snack will have to fit in there somewhere.
October 5th, 2013, 06:10 AM
NewMami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMami
I am trying to get through this trimester with the same eating habits as before. Some days are more successful than others. I gained 60 lbs my first pregnancy and 50 my second... way too much for me considering I'm 5'1.

I am definitely one of these people that if I don't watch myself I will go nuts with sweets and fatty foods and then its like that is all my body craves and its so hard to get back on the healthy bandwagon.

I am exercising this pregnancy which I dind't with the other two. For some reason excercise helps to keep my cravings and hunger curbed a bit more , I notice if I exercise I end up burning more calories obviously but I also tend to make better food choices.
208mama likes this.

October 5th, 2013, 02:09 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
Sweets for me too. Right now I am dreaming about oatmeal cookies with cream cheese frosting. Saddest thing in the world....my doctor said the best way to ensure a lower healthy weight gain was to cut out sweets. Euuuughh. Who would have thought?!

I'm up about 5 pounds but at least 1 of those have got to be in my boobs. I was eating very healthy and lifting hard before pregnancy because it makes me happy to feel healthy. I am a little depressed right now that I can't work out until bleeding goes away, but I am also not feeling up to it at this point. I think that aiming for the 2nd semester is a good goal. I am going to try and do the stairstepper at a super low speed for 45 minutes 3-5 times/week...and lift light weights too. I have a lot of delusions of starting P90X when I get the go-ahead from my dr.

What I am really concerned about is more cellulite........! I almost had mine gone pre-pregnancy by cutting out sweets, cheese and alcohol, but I feel like it's all back with a vengeance. I feel like it's just apart of being pregnant.

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search