Struggling with insecurities

Forum: Due Date Club of May 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of May 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
I feel like such a little brat even posting about this...but I am having a rough time right now feeling insecure. DH does not drink but he runs a busy college bar downtown. He gets home at 4am Wednesday-Saturday. He is around drunk girls...and guys... all the time.

Tonight is hard for me because it's just tons of girls dressed scandalous running around downtown. I felt confident before I was pregnant and haven't had any major issues with his line of work.. But now that I am gaining weight, feeling fat... I feel jealous and insecure. I'm kind of being a brat but it's not fair to him because right now he is supporting our entire family, working hard. Arghh.. I just need to get a grip and I'm only going to get fatter from here on out so I need to figure out how to just deal with it....

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
October 26th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think feeling insecure during pregnancy is normal...I am def. feeling less attractive! I'm sure it will get worse as I get bigger too...DH doesn't seem to care because he's always pestering me to DTD....every single night, no joke. Where was this libido when we were ttc?!

I don't know how to say this without sounding creepy but from your pics I don't think you have anything to worry about
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabriel's Mommy
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about
Feeling fat and insecure is (unfortunately) part of the process!

Gabriel Juan
October 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar Pooka + One!
I feel like society tells us that as a pregnant woman, you are supposed to feel glowing and beautiful, you are creating life! Love and embrace your changing body! --- that being said, I cannot stand being pregnant, I feel fat and undesirable, I feel like my husband is a good looking guy and gets a lot of attention... That makes me mad ad jealous when I am pregnant. [eventho he comes home and tells me I'm beautiful and he loves me] I think for some women they love the pregnancy attention... I want to hide in a dark room for 8 months, and a few more while I lose the baby weight and can feel like me again.

Relax tho, you ARE beautiful and you make beautiful babies! You have nothing to worry about gorgeous!
October 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Don't feel like a brat. We all get this at some point or another. My husband is in IT, so he worked almost exclusively with men, and I still worried from time to time.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 28th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Super Mommy
I am here with you too! A couple weeks ago, I felt insanely jealous of this new married woman that works with DH. I've never even met the woman and I felt jealous.

I really thought pregnancy would be glowing and fun, but I feel nowhere close to glowing. I feel fatter and oilier than ever. Not to mention I feel like a wuss for feeling so tired, out of breath, and just a debbie downer on things.

Our last day in Vegas last week, DH wanted to go out gambling a little more after our 7pm show. By the end of the show (8pm), I couldn't manage to do anything else. I felt so incredibly guilty for wanting to go back to the hotel to sleep on our last night in Vegas. I kept trying to get DH to drop me off and head out on his own, but he wouldn't leave my side, which made me feel even worse. I was in tears and actually mad at him for not leaving me at the hotel to finish up his last night of fun.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search